ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Choose The Right Size Of Heating Radiators
Total Articles: 11
Heating radiators come in a wide variety of types, shapes, and sizes. Whether you are looking for a basic electric radiator or a unit that can serve as your central heating system, it is important that you choose the perfect size or a combination of radiator sizes for your needs, especially when you intend to put separate units in each of your rooms. Finding the right size and fit is also important so you avoid overheating a room and wasting precious energy. Here are some things to consider when shopping for your home heating supplies:
Consider the temperatures you need. The size as well as the number of radiators you put in each room largely depends on the kind of temperature that you require in different parts of the house. In general, bedrooms, toilets, and hallways should maintain temperatures around 18 degrees (Celsius) while bathrooms, kitchens, and living areas must be around 21 to 22 degrees. However, this shouldn't limit your personal preferences, especially when you need to maintain specific temperatures in certain areas of the house. Go for suppliers that offer high quality and easy to control thermostats, so you can easily adjust temperatures to your choosing.
You may also use a certain formula to determine the exact size of radiator to use in certain areas of the home. Following the formula allows you to work out what size of radiator you will need in a room, depending on the number of BTUs or (British Thermal Units) it offers.
This involves determining the volume of the room and multiplying the value by 153 to get the required thermal unit value. If you prefer electric radiators, you can use the same formula, but substitute 153 with 0.293 to get the required wattage value. After determining the BTU value for a room, you will need to add and subtract various percentages based on a number of different factors, like if the room has solid floors (-10%), cavity wall insulation (-20%), double glazing (-5%), or has two walls to the outside (+15%). If it is a north facing room, 10% of the value must be added, while 20% must be added if it has higher than average ceilings. Other factors must be considered like the absence or presence of loft insulation, the number of outside walls, and its placement in the home (upstairs/downstairs room), etc.
If these values are too confusing, you can always find a supplier who can determine the right type and size of radiators that your home needs.
About The Author:
This article is written by Giles Lever, who is the MD of Livinghouse. Livinghouse is one of the UK's leading luxury bathroom and bath fittings suppliers. They have a wide range of luxury bathroom suites, designer bathroom furniture, modern bathroom electrical fittings, steam room shower generators, wet room drains and a much more. In past two decades, they have successfully led the market with their unique collection of contemporary bathroom design.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes