ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Grass Fed Ground Beef: Better For Your Health
Total Articles: 4
Not so far long ago, all cattle in the US were grass fed, whether their feed came from the wide open range or nibbling along the way of cattle drives on the way to market. Cattle were slaughter for beef at age five or six. Today, with modern feedlots, where cattle are fed combinations of corn, formulated feed, antibiotics and sometimes hormones, cattle are often at the processing plant at slightly over a year old.
Why is being grass fed better for the cows? It's simple. Cattle are ruminants, which means they have a special organ that turns grass into protein and fat for digesting grass, as that's the way they are built!
Why is grass fed ground beef better for people? Since the beef is allowed to grow naturally, it's leaner, cooks better and tastes better. Feedlot beef has generally twice the fat content as grass fed beef. Grass fed beef is higher in healthy omega-3s, and has more than twice the vitamin E as feedlot beef.
Ranchers who use the grass fed method are stewards of the earth and most likely, small independent operations. One thing that independent ranchers have going against them is their inability to strike deals with distributors, at a fair price, and thus they are more likely to sell direct to the consumer, offering grass fed beef online.
While all cuts of beef produced in this manner are superior, and with the current mania in the US for hamburgers, Grass Fed Ground Beef is a superior choice for at home grilling as patties or employing in recipes that call for ground beef. While it may be difficult to find in your local chain grocery store, buying grass fed ground beef online is a viable alternative, and you will be able to find it available in ample quantities and in different grinds.
Whether you choose to buy grass fed beef online in bulk packages, to use in your meat sauces, meat loaf, chili or taco recipes, or in per-formed patties to produce the tastiest burgers that have ever come off your grill or the stove top.
Employing the direct sales method, you can also be sure that money you are paying for a superb product is a fair price and going directly to the rancher who rose and cared for the herd. Just as the small rancher is acting as a steward for his cattle, we all want to be stewards that care for the small businesses in America, and especially our food producers.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
2. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
3. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
4. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
5. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman
6. Catering Services Bracken Ridge Is The Best Option To Treat Your Guests With Best Food
7. Incredible Indian Spices & Their Benefits - Nmp Udhyog
8. Go Through The Reviews Of The Nearby Restaurants Before Visiting
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
9. Need To Get In Touch With Best Designer As Per Your Needs
10. Catering Food From Greek Cuisine
Author: Johny Danes
11. Gyros And Souvlaki Similar Yet Different
Author: Johny Danes
12. Try Some American Cuisines In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
13. Enjoy Social Dining!
Author: Nadia Turov
14. Are You Constantly Hungry Between Meals? Try Vega All In One Nutritional Shake!
Author: Owen Thomson
15. Why People Prefer To Eat Soaked Almonds
Author: Diwakar Retail Limited