ALL » General >> View Article
Is Road Salt Necessary? Here Are Some Simple Steps To Take Care Of Your Car And Get Rid Of The SaltBy Expert Author: Ranjeet tiwary
Salt can leave stains on your pants, boots can car, but it is necessary to get through winter safely. Although road salt is necessary for safe transportation when snow and ice accumulate on roads and highways, taking active steps to protect your car from road salt is necessary to avoid rust and corrosion and general loss of your investment.
When salt is on the road, washing your car is the major factor in combating corrosion and maintaining the value of your car. Salt that remains on a vehicle surface and undercarriage for any length of time can;
• damage your car's clear finish.
• promote rust.
• affect the mechanics of your vehicle.
Preventing Salt Damage
• Wash your vehicle every 10 days or less.
• Wash your vehicle whenever the temperature reaches 40 degrees F. or higher.
• Wash your vehicle during the day to allow it to dry completely before freezing evening temperatures begin.
• Immediately after washing the vehicle, open and close all doors, the trunk, and other parts of the car with locks several times before parking it to prevent locks from freezing.
Vehicles are one of the biggest investments we make in our lifetimes and protecting them from the ravages of the environment, such as salt and rust is important. Certain vehicle problems are inevitable, but rust from road salt is one that can be prevented.
Some of the areas of vehicles that are most affected by rust are body panels including doors, fenders, the hood, and tailgate. The reason for this is that they inherently have areas that retain moisture. Depending upon the model of vehicle, there are many other areas that can retain moisture as well. Certain cars retain more moisture just due to the way they are designed, so you have to be especially careful and vigilant with them. Some factors that you have no control over include the environment in which you live. If you live in a coastal area you are exposed to more salt air for example. If you live in an area where there is snow and ice on the road, the authorities usually use salt on the roads which can result in rust on your car's undercarriage.
Rust prevention tips to help prevent rust formation on your vehicle:
1. Keep your car clean and coated with a finish protectant at all times.
2. Keep the underneath of your car rinsed continually when you are in an area where a lot of salt is present as mentioned above.
3. Keep your tires and wheels clean and polished and free from moisture holding material like leaves.
4. Make sure any drainage holes in the frame, floor, and the bottoms of the doors so that any moisture can get out.
5. Always open your doors after washing your car to allow any accumulated water to drain out.
Remember keeping your car clean of salt is in your best interest. Take a few extra steps and make your car last!
Bill Worthingstone is an auto mechanic by trade and currently is a part-owner in a local auto body show specializing in used auto parts rebuilds.He can often be found on weekends cruising the local junkyards in PA to find parts for his collection of cars.
General Articles1. Download Premium Wordpress Themes From Reliable Developers To Enhance Website Presence Online
2. Tablet Repair London | Screen Repair Or Replacement | Tablet Repairer
Author: Tablet Repair
3. Limousine Service In Washington Will Provide A Romantic Spark
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
4. Digitalized And Globalized Medical Marketplaces
Author: parveen kumar
5. Different Branches Of Oil And Gas Engineering
Author: Mohammad Khalid
6. App Store Optimization Tool | More Users To Your App
Author: Richelle Guo
7. An Insight Into The Perks Of Online Magazine Advertising
Author: Aditya G.
8. Understanding The Dietary Requirements Of Young Pets
Author: Jackson Robert
9. Pega 7 Live Online Training And Self Learning Video By Professionals In New York - Usa
10. Hiring Expert Freestylers For Advancing The Footballing Game Level
Author: parveen kumar
11. What You Don't Know About Casinos Might Shock You
12. Nokia Phone Repairs | Certified Technicians Work On Your Device
Author: Nokia Repairer
13. Review: Lexmark Cs410dtn Printer
Author: Ackley Ada
14. Plus Size Swimwear Uk
15. Get Your Love Back By Vashikaran Mantra | Love Problem Solutions
Author: Get Your Love Back by Vashikaran Mantra | Love pro