ALL >> General >> View Article
College Advice: Helpful Tips For Students And Their Parents
Total Articles: 3
For millions of young people, the adjustment to college life from under the wing of their parents can be a challenge. College life requires a mature, responsible approach to academics as well as developing the life skills that adulthood demands. Use the advice found here to help you make the transition to adulthood go smoothly.
A credit card is often necessary, particularly if you are going to school far away from home. However, be smart about your decision. Research your options and select a card that has a low interest rate. Also, make sure there aren't any annuals fees and don't be tempted by high credit limits. Those are just a recipe for disaster.
Develop good study habits while in high school. College professors normally expect that students in their classes know the proper way to study for exams, write term papers and how to research information. By learning this while in high school you can ensure success in college. If you do not have good study habits, ask for help.
Take advantage of the office hours offered by your academic instructors. These hours are provided for your benefit. There is no better source of help or information about a class than the person who teaches it! Use the time to ask questions, seek clarification, or discuss your in-class performance.
Do not get involved with the people that want to party all the time. Having fun during college is important, but there is a time and a place. If you allow yourself to fall into those bad habits, your grades will surely suffer. Only have fun when you have done everything you need to do..
If you are trying to make some extra money when you are away at school and do not want it to interfere with your studies you should check out work study. Most of the time you will be able to get a position within your area of study and you can actually learn something.
Create relationships that are positive with your professors. Professors are a great resource for students and can really give you valuable advice. Be sure to help if the opportunity presents itself and ask a lot of questions. Establishing a rapport with professors can result in higher grades and enhanced opportunities.
These tips should help a student avoid some of the pitfalls that afflict new college students. College life is one of the important milestones in a person's life and not everyone makes the adjustment well. Use the tips you read here to make this challenging time both productive and enjoyable. Your future depends on it.
I personally appreciate, at my own leisure, discussing different continuing education and subjects which I like. For more about different distance MBA programs from the U of U, go to their site at http://mbaonline.business.utah.edu/
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln