ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Checking Privacy And Deleting Your Snapchat Account
Total Articles: 84
As the New Year began, there were news about how Snapchat, a photo messaging application suffered data breach. According to reports, data within at least 4.6 million user profiles have been compromised and are made accessible to public view. Even after this against the expectations of users there was not a word from their management about fixing the issue or a formal apology. This did put off many users and each one seemed like on their own regarding their privacy issues.
This is not only a security breach but also a matter of concern for iOS users who have been using this service for picture sharing. The data included in the breach was supposed to stay confidential and as a result the website too disappeared due to this ongoing controversy. Now the biggest concern for users is their own leaked data that cannot be searched for leaks. However with some help you might be able to find out if you are the one whose data was leaked. Another thing is if your data is leaked then the best option seems to be deleting your account.
Let us first find out how to check privacy.
· GS Lookup is the first tool that enables in conducting a search and help users deal with the privacy breach with the Snapchat. We all know that you first need to login with your ID of your username in your Snapchat account. If the last two digits of your phone number are not visible after you login using your website, then your account is hacked. If your account is not compromised and your privacy is still intact then the website GS Lookup will display a message saying ‘You are safe.’
· Snapcheck.org is yet another vital tool that helps you check if your account privacy or security is compromised. Log into this website using your UID or your phone number. As soon as you are logged in a message will be instantly displayed. This message will alert you if your account security is compromised.
You can use any of the above-mentioned tools to check if your account data is leaked. Both these tools are appropriate to determine if your account is safe or it is made public by miscreants.
After being in the worst position when you discover that your data is breached and your phone number is visible, the best option seems to be deleting your account on Snapchat. Even though, this might seem difficult but with just a few handy tips you will find it easier to apply. Remember if you have finally made up your mind to delete your account only then go ahead with the procedure, as this is irreversible.
· Visit the section that says snapchat.com/a/delete_account
· Log into your account
· Enter your password again and hit the button that says ‘Delete My Account’ and you are done
Hope after reading the article you are able to get some solace from the security fiasco and do as you feel with your account. You can either retain it or delete it to your wish.
About the Author: Hi! I am Brook M. Perry, a pro lific blog writer and keen author of articles related to pc security supportand solution for issues related to computers and mobile devices. Being associated with the reputed computer virus removal service provider Qresolve, I have resolved thousands of tech issues for our customers from worldwide. online computer support.My areas of interest are virus removal, PC security, endpoint security system, router support etc. You can follow me for my useful computer support articles on Ezine and other article-oriented websites.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Why Data Visualization With Tableau ?
Author: Abhinav T
2. Quick Fixes For Iphone 8 Plus Screen Replacement
Author: Angel Smith
3. Global Smart Watch Market To Reach A Market Size Of $27.4 Billion By 2022
Author: Shivani Singh
4. Important Lessons
Author: Noah Truax
5. What Are The Features And Specifications Of Edm 700 Systems?
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
6. Iphone 8 Plus Screen Repair And Replacement Service
Author: Angel Smith
7. Lectrifi Technology To Meet Power Demands Of Households
8. Mobile Phone Screen Repair Service Offered In Uk
Author: Mobile Phone Repair Centre
9. Hybrid Devices Market Size
10. Google Allo Features You Need To Know | Smart Messaging App
Author: 2base Technologies
11. How To Figure Out Hp Computer’s Hardware And Software Problem?
Author: HP Technical Support
12. Human Skin Simulation | Cfd Analysis | Transient Temperature Distribution
13. 1 In Pit Puzzle
Author: Rahul Sutraj
14. How To Be A Top Performing Web Designing Company In Delhi?
15. Playstation Repair Centre Uk/playstationrepairer.co.uk
Author: Playstation Repair Centre