ALL » Business >> View Article
Optimize Your Email Marketing For Mobile DevicesBy Expert Author: Edward Kennan
If you think you're working more often on your mobile devices than your desktop or laptop equipment, you're right. And it's not just you. Research shows that as of September 2013, a whopping 47 percent of emails were opened on some type of mobile device. If the trend continues, "mobile opens" could hit 53 percent by the end of this year.
These numbers send a clear message to businesses that rely heavily on email and newsletters for strategic marketing: get your applications optimized for mobile device platforms or watch your market share decline.
(Re)Designing For Mobile Platforms
In some cases, getting your email marketing to work well on mobile platforms means working with mobile app developers to update or totally revamp the applications. However, recent articles from the online site Marketing Profs offer some easy fixes that you can implement right away with excellent results.
About 33 percent of recipients will open (or not open) an email based solely on the subject line so make it catchy, but keep it short. Some mobile platforms are very stingy in the amount of characters they allow, and you want to know that your full message will come through. Think of it as a mini call-to-action.
Remember that the pointing tool for mobile devices is someone's finger, and design your buttons/action calls accordingly. An adult finger pad is about 44 x 44 pixels, much less precise than a mouse arrow. Create large enough buttons and leave enough room between them so readers can easily tap the one they want on the first try. Mistakenly tapping the wrong links can seriously lower your mobile conversion rate and frustrate your customers.
Ensure that your font can be read on the smaller sized screens. A good rule of thumb is a 20 point font size for headings and a 14 point type in the body.
Keep your layouts simple to minimize scrolling. A single-column design generally works well on mobile devices. If possible, ensure your application has responsive design so it will automatically size for the device that opens it.
Beyond Good Design
A good design can get people to open your email, but that's as far as it will go without compelling content that speaks to the reader. Effective marketing also requires analyzing data such as open and click-through numbers and adjusting tactics based on this feedback.
Intertwine effective design with relevant content and solid analysis for a mobile marketing strategy that delivers fantastic results.
If you're starting a new business, growing an existing business, or funding your investment portfolio, Integrity Business Funding has both immediate and long-term cash acquisition solutions.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta