ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Ideas For Garden Décor In Small And Large Gardens
Total Articles: 17
For many people, their garden is an extension of their house, so garden decor is important even though the garden is already filled with lovely flowers, shrubs and trees. The type of garden decor you can accommodate will depend on the size of your garden. If you only have a patio, you will be more restricted than if you have acres of land. Here are some nifty ideas for garden decor.
For the Small Garden or Patio:
Garden Pots: You can buy planters in many different materials to create textural differences, even on a tiny terrace. Ring the changes with resin, stone, brick, wood, patterns and different coloured glazes; you can even get a stainless-steel effect! If you don't want the effect to be too wild, you can just choose a couple of textures and stick with one colour or pattern.
Herbs: Herbs are ideal for a small garden. Apart from being able to use them for cooking, they provide fragrance and attract bees.
Garden Furniture: Stick with those small square arrangements if you don't have much space. If you choose garden furniture with huge bulging cushions, it will all look too crowded.
Garden Spinners and Hanging Crystals: You can hang crystals from anything that will support them, and the colours you get from refracted light are gorgeous. Garden Spinners provide a fun feature without taking up much space; you can just stick them into a plant pot for extra interest.
For the Larger Garden:
Solar Garden Lights: Solar garden lights are great as you don't have to worry about electricity or cables running everywhere. Stick them in the ground, hang them from branches or drape strings around bushes. The daylight (you don't need full sun) will recharge them and they will be really atmospheric at night.
A Hammock: Although you don't need trees to hang a hammock these days, because many of them come with their own stand, but what could be nicer than lounging in a hammock under a shady tree?
Garden Statuary: If you have plenty of room then splash out on a statue or two. They come in all shapes, sizes and materials to suit all budgets.
Outdoor Water Features: The sound of water is soothing on a hot summer's day and lovely to watch. A lovely stone fountain or a decorative wall fountain will greatly enhance your outdoor living space. You can have your own koi fish pond and plant water plants too, if you want.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia