ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Ideas For Garden Décor In Small And Large Gardens
Total Articles: 17
For many people, their garden is an extension of their house, so garden decor is important even though the garden is already filled with lovely flowers, shrubs and trees. The type of garden decor you can accommodate will depend on the size of your garden. If you only have a patio, you will be more restricted than if you have acres of land. Here are some nifty ideas for garden decor.
For the Small Garden or Patio:
Garden Pots: You can buy planters in many different materials to create textural differences, even on a tiny terrace. Ring the changes with resin, stone, brick, wood, patterns and different coloured glazes; you can even get a stainless-steel effect! If you don't want the effect to be too wild, you can just choose a couple of textures and stick with one colour or pattern.
Herbs: Herbs are ideal for a small garden. Apart from being able to use them for cooking, they provide fragrance and attract bees.
Garden Furniture: Stick with those small square arrangements if you don't have much space. If you choose garden furniture with huge bulging cushions, it will all look too crowded.
Garden Spinners and Hanging Crystals: You can hang crystals from anything that will support them, and the colours you get from refracted light are gorgeous. Garden Spinners provide a fun feature without taking up much space; you can just stick them into a plant pot for extra interest.
For the Larger Garden:
Solar Garden Lights: Solar garden lights are great as you don't have to worry about electricity or cables running everywhere. Stick them in the ground, hang them from branches or drape strings around bushes. The daylight (you don't need full sun) will recharge them and they will be really atmospheric at night.
A Hammock: Although you don't need trees to hang a hammock these days, because many of them come with their own stand, but what could be nicer than lounging in a hammock under a shady tree?
Garden Statuary: If you have plenty of room then splash out on a statue or two. They come in all shapes, sizes and materials to suit all budgets.
Outdoor Water Features: The sound of water is soothing on a hot summer's day and lovely to watch. A lovely stone fountain or a decorative wall fountain will greatly enhance your outdoor living space. You can have your own koi fish pond and plant water plants too, if you want.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja