ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Getting Your Air Filter Changed
Total Articles: 312
The performance of a car is effected on various levels if it’s operating with clogged air filters. It tends to reduce the power of your car which is the utmost requirement when you are on the go. Probably, the most affected area of clogged air filter is that on the gas mileage. Getting the air filter changed will take only your 10 minutes as well as $20 as a charge. Following mentioned are some easy steps through which you can get this task completed easily and quickly.
Trace and open the filter housing
Having the hood opened and propped safely, trace the housing position of the air filter. If the make of your car is 20 years old, then this will be placed in a black plastic case having metal clips on the side. Flip the metal clips in a downward motion. If they are tight, slide in a screwdriver and the case at the top. Get it popped off. There may be some housing which includes holding nuts from the top.
Squirrel the nuts
If your air filter housing is handled by nuts and you remove them, make sure that they are placed in a safe place as you cannot afford losing them. The vehicle used in our example, the top of the housing of the air filter is removed so it has been placed on the housing top from where they cannot roll away. They can also be placed in your pocket. No matter what you do, keep them in a safe place from where you can get them easily.
Remove the old filter
No matter which shape your filter is manufactured in – rectangular or round – it is surrounded by many folded paper made of rubber. Prior to removing the air filter, examine the entire way in which it has been installed so that the new air filter can be placed easily and correctly. Carefully take out the filter avoiding other things to fall off in the box.
Place the new filter over there
Place the new and clean filter. Make sure that the settings and configurations are same to that of the filter removed. Even if you make a mistake, you do not have to worry as if the filter is placed wrongly, the top will never close down. Moreover, make sure that the rubber gasket of the air filter is pressed within the housing. In case, if it is difficult to get it fixed, recheck the process and correct issues.
You have now saved both time as well as money spent of gas along with getting the air filter installed by yourself. The entire job takes about 10 minutes and you will see considerable difference within the hood. This is simply because changing the entire air filter is completed by yourself.
Getting the air filter of your car removed or replaced at your own is no longer a difficult task. All you require is a certain degree of knowledge related to cars and you can get the task completed easily and affectively.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name