ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Getting Your Air Filter Changed
Total Articles: 312
The performance of a car is effected on various levels if it’s operating with clogged air filters. It tends to reduce the power of your car which is the utmost requirement when you are on the go. Probably, the most affected area of clogged air filter is that on the gas mileage. Getting the air filter changed will take only your 10 minutes as well as $20 as a charge. Following mentioned are some easy steps through which you can get this task completed easily and quickly.
Trace and open the filter housing
Having the hood opened and propped safely, trace the housing position of the air filter. If the make of your car is 20 years old, then this will be placed in a black plastic case having metal clips on the side. Flip the metal clips in a downward motion. If they are tight, slide in a screwdriver and the case at the top. Get it popped off. There may be some housing which includes holding nuts from the top.
Squirrel the nuts
If your air filter housing is handled by nuts and you remove them, make sure that they are placed in a safe place as you cannot afford losing them. The vehicle used in our example, the top of the housing of the air filter is removed so it has been placed on the housing top from where they cannot roll away. They can also be placed in your pocket. No matter what you do, keep them in a safe place from where you can get them easily.
Remove the old filter
No matter which shape your filter is manufactured in – rectangular or round – it is surrounded by many folded paper made of rubber. Prior to removing the air filter, examine the entire way in which it has been installed so that the new air filter can be placed easily and correctly. Carefully take out the filter avoiding other things to fall off in the box.
Place the new filter over there
Place the new and clean filter. Make sure that the settings and configurations are same to that of the filter removed. Even if you make a mistake, you do not have to worry as if the filter is placed wrongly, the top will never close down. Moreover, make sure that the rubber gasket of the air filter is pressed within the housing. In case, if it is difficult to get it fixed, recheck the process and correct issues.
You have now saved both time as well as money spent of gas along with getting the air filter installed by yourself. The entire job takes about 10 minutes and you will see considerable difference within the hood. This is simply because changing the entire air filter is completed by yourself.
Getting the air filter of your car removed or replaced at your own is no longer a difficult task. All you require is a certain degree of knowledge related to cars and you can get the task completed easily and affectively.
Automobiles Articles1. Imported Japanese Vehicles Are Cost Effective & High In Quality
Author: stc japan
2. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
3. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
4. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
6. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
7. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
8. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
9. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
10. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
11. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
12. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
13. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
14. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
15. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD