ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Diy: Changing Your Car’s Battery
Total Articles: 312
The following things are required:
A new battery
A socket wrench or an adjustable wrench
A can of Rust-O-Lieum primer
Battery terminal cleaner or wire brush
White lithium grease
Rubber gloves (optional)
The need to replace your battery
For proper operation of your car, having a good battery is essential. If proper care and maintenance is given to the battery, it can last for up to 5 years. Problems and failures of batteries can take place in as sooner as three years and that too in places where weather conditions are extreme – either too hot or too cold as such conditions tends to impose a heavy toll on the battery of the vehicle. In addition to this, other causes of premature failing of the battery include undercharging, overcharging, vibration and abuse. The modern design of vehicles batteries is as such that a constant drain system is included even if the car is parked as well since long sitting time periods may also cause the battery to go dead thereby, requiring to be charged.
At one point or another, getting your car battery changed becomes empirical. Although, the task is simple however, severe corrosion can make it difficult. If your battery is also facing issues, take it to a professional who will fix it up for you.
Get your car battery under perfect working conditions. You can check a local auto spare parts store so as to get the right size and type of battery for your vehicle. Bringing in your old battery to get a new one is a good idea and you can also leave the old one in order to get it recycled. Also ensure that the new battery you purchased is charged completely.
WORK IN AN AREA WHICH IS WELL-VENTILATED AND HAVE NO SPARKS AND OPEN FLAMES. AVOID SMOKING.
Get the negative cable disconnected first and then get the positive cable disconnected.
Remove the hold down of the battery. It can be on top of the battery or on the tray which is clamped onto the side of the battery.
Once free, lift it up carefully out of the tray.
VEHICLE BATTERIES CONTAINS SULFURIC ACID WHICH CAN BURN YOUR SKIN OR ANY OTHER THING WHICH COMES IN CONTACT WITH IT.
Analyze the battery tray, if there is any signs of corrosion or rust clean it with water. Leave the tray to dry and the spray primer so as to prevent future corrosion.
Place the new battery on the tray and the reinstall the hold own clamp.
If your battery has a top terminal, remove debris from the cables within the battery and the battery posts with a wire brush.
Make sure there is no corrosion on the cables of the battery.
Join the positive cable first and then the negative cable. Tighten then but avoid over tighten.
Coat the battery terminals with white lithium grease so as to avoid corrosion.
Get the engine started and the task is completed.
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona