ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Get Your Vehicle’s Headlight Restored
Total Articles: 399
If you are among those Americans who own a car which is at least 11 years old, then it is probable that the headlight of your car should be restored. Clean headlights of a car not only enhances the appearance but, they also offer an unobstructed as well as safe travel by making the vision of the road clear. Whether there is fog, haze or smear, there are simple ways of removing the oxidation of plastic which covers the car’s headlight after a long time of use.
At various auto part centers, there are many restoration kits available and to get this process clear, we bought two restoration kits in which the first was from Mequiar's worth $25 per kit and the second one from Turtle Wax worth $10 per unit. Both the kits have a clarifying and cleaning compound, a protector sealing solution and wet sanding pads. The Mequiar's kit is advanced and includes a clean and detailed microfiber cloth, a polished buffing ball which is mounted to a drill and an ergonomic hand grip used for wet sanding pads. On the other side, the second kit of Turtle Wax included 2 solutions along with a numbered set of wet sanding pads.
A headlight restoration unit
Painter or masking tape
Detailing cloths or dry towels
A spray bottle or a window cleaner with cold water and a car washing solution
Power drill (depending upon the restoration kit, optional)
1. Remove debris or dirt from the headlight area by cleaning it. A household glass cleaner or any cleaning solution can do this. Dry the surface of the headlights completely before proceeding to step 2.
2. Apply tape on the surrounding areas of the headlights or any place where the body of the car meets the headlights. This is important as the sanding pad might damage the paint of the car during the restoration process. There are some headlight which will require applying one coat of clarifying compound over the headlamp assembly prior to applying the wet sand whereas, others may want you to skip the sanding and start polishing.
3. Both the restoration kits used offer different strengths and grits of using sandpaper. You can either you the lubrication liquid provided with the kit or water spray so as to get the minimum number of sandpaper wet.
4. Rub the lowest number in a side-to-side manner. The assembly of the headlight should be completely glazed. Remember; keep the assembly as well as the sand paper wet.
5. Move to the next highest number of sandpaper and move it in an up-and-down motion.
6. The headlight assembly should be cleaned with a detailing cloth or paper towel.
7. Apply polisher liquid on the buffing ball or applicator pad and rub over the headlight to clean the glaze. The curved areas of the headlights were nit tackled by the Turtle Wax kits.
8. The headlight assembly should be cleaned with a detailing cloth or paper towel.
9. When the process is finished in a satisfactory tone, apply sealer protectant onto a pad or applicator (a small towellete in case of Turtle Wax) over the headlights.
10. Remove the tape around the headlights and leave the sealant to dry for a few hours.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point