ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Home Warranty Or Extended Home Warranty
Total Articles: 2
We all know that the current market is overflowing with insurance products designed to catch a buyer’s attention. This often leaves you confused as to what would be the perfect choice. One such category of insurance where there is immense conflict of choice is the Appliance Protection plans.
Everyone wishes to insure their household devices with the best possible plans to ward off unnecessary expenses. However making a decision between Home Warranty and an Extended Warranty is a very tough call.
Home Warranties cover all your major appliances and all you have to do is pay a fixed sum as annual premium. Each time you use your Warranty for a repair, the amount will be deducted by a little. Extended warranty often charges a fee that does not waiver each time you repair. However these plans are mostly sold during the initial few years of an appliance.
Also, an important point is that while your Home Warranty covers all the major USED appliances, Extended Warranty only covers NEW devices. And these warranties although they do have some services in common, they are usually meant for different purposes. Extended warranty also called as a service contract, often begin at the termination of the manufacturer’s warranty.
These policies are ideally suited for homeowners who have appliances that are fairly new because the chances that these appliances may fail in the first 3-4 years are low. On the other hand, although the Home Warranty comes with a higher price tag, it could be the one considered to give its users a much more tension-free life as they do not have to worry about each device separately.
Companies that offer extended home warranty argue that their services are better and that they come at more economic rates. It is observed to be true; however it does not help the user if he shall be requiring frequent repairs and if his appliances are considerably old.
• Covers all the appliances in your home
• Best suited if your appliances are used and if they require frequent repairs.
• Higher price, requires annual premium to be paid, has deductibles.
• Adds value to the product
• Covers repair and replacement costs of old appliances that are more prone to damage
• Covers damages resulting from wear and tear
• The plans have the provision to send experienced technicians to your home.
• A single home warranty plan covers a multiple devices
Extended Home Warranty
• Appliance specific, must be taken separately for each device.
• Ideally suited if your appliances are new.
• Economic prices, fixed fee, no deductibles.
• Adds value to the product
• Begins soon after the manufacturer’s warranty expires. Hence ensuring prolonged coverage.
• Less expensive as come to Home Warranty and is appliance specific.
• Saves you from expensive repairs right after you purchased a new device
• Adds value to your device if you wish to sell it while it is still new.
Investing / Finance Articles1. 5 Hacks To Getting Loan Against Property Approved
Author: Atish Nayar
2. How A Claims Adviser Helps With Insurance Claims
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. Avoid These Mistakes While Hiring A Cpa Firm
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Top Tips For Mcx Commodity Trading
Author: Riya Jain
5. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
6. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
7. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
8. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
9. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
10. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
11. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
12. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
13. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
14. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
15. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services