ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Affordable European Cities
Total Articles: 1445
If you are determined to visit Europe via cheap travel deals, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, or cheap vacation packages, then you should consider visiting less well-known European cities that are less crowded and cheaper where you can find great deals and enjoy food, wine, find, and culture second to none.
The following are intimate European metropolises, highly recommended by Budget Travel:
• Birmingham, U.K. is a foodie haven, a sixth century city with contemporary cuisine and more Michelin star rated restaurants than any British city other than London. Many travel experts hold Birmingham in high regard because of its cuisine which is innovative and consists largely of locally sourced ingredients. The Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery is home to one of the most highly praised collections of pre-Raphaelite paintings, including the work of 19th century Birmingham native Edward Burne Jones.
• Antwerp, Belgium is an inland port with a world class sense of style. Fashion statements can be found almost everywhere from quirkily dressed locals, fashion models in the city’s historic district, and the over the top design of its Museum Aan de Stroom. This museum is located on the docks and has an exterior that mimics giant packing crates stacked on top of each other. The city’s attractions include imaginative architecture, inspiring new art galleries, and a great selection of vintage and second hand clothing. The Royal Museum of Fine Arts houses paintings by Rubens, galleries of contemporary art, and is surrounded by a thriving café scene and fascinating antique shops.
• Porto, Portugal is home to the next great wine region. Visitors can enjoy exciting new buildings, great public markets, and a thriving art scene. The town is more than a little wine crazed. The Douro River region is finally being recognized as a world class wine producer and one of the world’s most beautiful wine regions. Delicious ports and excellent red table wines can be sampled on wine tours. Porto’s Ribeira neighborhood is known for its popular café and bar scene. Porto is a great city for strolling and shopping.
• Milan, Italy is where you can find incredible bargain shopping in the world’s fashion capital. Milan is the epicenter of the fashion world and often dictates what will be the new hip colors and fabrics. Many high end brands have outlet stores which offer deep discounts. A must see sight is Leonardo da Vinci’s “the Last Supper” at the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. The Duomo is a Gothic cathedral that can hold 40,000 congregants.
• Split, Croatia is where history comes alive on the Mediterranean. The city has one of Europe’s most impressive collections of Roman ruins. Split has much to offer, including impressive beach and nightlife activities, as well as interesting Roman forts. Its Bacvice beach rivals any of the tonier and more expensive Mediterranean beaches. Split is home to Romanesque churches dating back as far as the 12th century, plus Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque palaces, a historic district, and archeological museum. This city also enjoys a lively bar scene.
Travel Articles1. Discover Yourself On Solo Vacations
Author: Noah Daniel
2. How We Make Your Gold Coast Airport Transfers Memorable
3. Planning A Vacation To Cuba
Author: Stephen David
4. Raised Glasses With Wedding Transportation Of Dc
Author: Saied Luliah
5. Upper Dolpo Trekking – Simply Picturesque
6. No Trouble Travel To The Super Bowl With A Denver Charter Bus
Author: Lucille W. Hill
7. Experience Nature's Beauty & Adventure On Your Tanzania Safari Tours
Author: Ireneus Kitena
8. Love Your Friendships This Valentine’s Day With A Party Bus In Pittsburgh
Author: Iris K. Allen
9. At The Top Burj Khalifa, Sky Experience Ticket
Author: Rohan Mustafa
10. Travel To Korea – Get The Korea Winter Tour Package On Demand Now!
Author: Tommy Na
11. Things To Know Before You Sign With An Airport Shuttle Services In Texas
Author: Joe Yetzer
12. Suitably Fun Prom Transportation With A Denver Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
13. How Would You Balance The Ruins And The Dunes On Your Morocco Day Tours?
Author: Ali oussou
14. Bus Ticket Booking Is No Longer An Annoyance As It Used To Be
Author: Online Bus Ticket Booking
15. Can We Discover All The Hidden Marvels From Catania To Taormina At Our Own Pace With Taxi Taormina?
Author: Christian Guardione