ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
All You Want To Know About Emeralds
Total Articles: 8
Emerald has got its name from “Esmeralde”, which is originated from Greek word ‘smaraqdos”, meaning green stone. Colombia had been one of the major sources of Emeralds of top notch quality. It is known for producing deep green emeralds, with great clarity and luster. Now, there are various deposits discovered in South America, Brail, India and Afghanistan.
It may be difficult for a layman to see the authenticity of an emerald. As there are a variety of artificial high quality green stones sold openly in market, by the name of emeralds. One should be aware of this, and should buy a stone only from trusted seller.
All natural emeralds are treated with oil and resin to cover up the cracks and fractures. The presence of these flaws makes it easier for a person to identify a real gemstone. A clear and smooth emerald is rare and difficult to find. If you are getting an emerald for cheap, double check its authenticity.
Color: Bluish Green to pure Green Emeralds are most sought after. The best emeralds are priced highly, and their color is evenly distributed. Color differentiation is not visible through naked eye in those stones. The color is also associated with the emerald origin. The Colombian emeralds are known to have more warm green emeralds than its counterpart, Zambia. Zambian emeralds have more bluish green color.
Clarity: Mostly emeralds have inclusions or we can call them spots, which are visible to the naked eye. It is very difficult to find an eye clean emerald. The inclusions in the emeralds have always been compared to the garden, due to which they are often named as “Jar din.”
Cut: Emeralds are known for its cut. This category has specially designed cut known as Emerald Cut. There are various shapes that are cut like, pear, cabochon, round etc. Various factors that make the emerald cutting difficult are: emeralds have significant fractures present, making the cutter’s job difficult; the brittleness of emerald; the cut must maximize the effect of color, tone and hue.
Weight:Emeralds come in various sizes and shapes. The stone cut from mine average around .05 carat to 0.25 carat. Some precious pieces can also weigh more than 20 carats.
Care and Handling:
Emerald is a precious stone, sensitive to pressure and household chemicals. There are various precautions and measures you can take to take care of your emerald. These are:
1. Avoid wearing your emerald while using harsh chemicals in the house such as, acid or bleach.
2. The emerald oiling does not last forever; you can give it to your jewelry smith for re-oiling and cleaning.
3. Emeralds can be easily scratched by other gemstones and also, scratch other stones. For this, try to store emerald jewelry in a cotton cloth pouch separately. It should not be kept together with other stones.
4. For cleaning home jewelry, dip it in warm soapy water for 5-10 min. Remove it and clean it with a soft cloth. Make sure all the soapy residue has been removed.
Emeralds are one of the most precious stone. They can range from few dollars to thousands of dollars, due their rarity and difficulty in cutting.
Adorn this rare piece of stone with any and every dress you wear. It won’t surely let you down.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. How Beneficial The Online Shopping Is!
2. How Convenient The Online Shopping Is!
3. The Best Anniversary Plans That Can Make You Invincible
Author: Anand Tiwari
4. Solitaire Diamond Engagement Rings For Your Bride To Be
Author: Jewellery Cluster
5. Firdous Lawn Collection 2018
6. Be Acquainted With The Advantages Of Using Bathroom Accessories
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson
7. Loungewear For Womens That Encapsulate Versatility And Comfort
Author: Alice Berry
8. Invicta Pro Diver 200m Quartz Blue Dial Inv9204/9204 Mens Watch: Bluesy Enough To Be Appreciated
Author: Jasson Ca
9. Kylie Lipkit-the Perfect Lip-kit, The Best Combination Of Style And Fashion
10. Nixon Corporal Quartz A346-510-00 Men’s Watch: Goodness In An Economical Package
11. Save Energy And Water With The Best Dishwasher For Kitchen
Author: John Oddile
12. The Luxurious Models Of Business Card Holders
Author: Sahah Chan
13. A Look At The Learning Environment In List Of International School In Bangalore
Author: Snehal Desai
14. Buy Julius Marlow Shoes & Feel Comfortable
Author: Green Footwear
15. Fossil Grant Chronograph Leather Fs5118 Mens Watch: An Inexpensive, Modern Classic
Author: Jason Ca