ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Benefits Of Electric Floor Heating System
Total Articles: 9
Underfloor heating offers great energy saving benefits and certainly adds to the value of a home. There are two major types of underfloor heating systems, namely: (1) water and (2) electric floor heating. Of the two, electric underfloor heating is a more efficient and practical choice, as water-based underfloor heating systems require deeper spaces to lay down the pipes that will direct the water, which may not be available in most flooring designs. Electric systems are easier to fit, even in smaller rooms and other awkward areas and spaces.
While competent DIYers can install electric underfloor heating without hassle, it makes more sense to let a professional contractor handle your floor heating installation if you want the job done right. You might make expensive mistakes by doing it yourself, spending more money in the end. Remember that electrical wirings are often hard to handle, so hiring a qualified professional to wire your system is recommended.
Here are some of the best benefits of having an electric floor heating system in your home:
Electric underfloor heating is a high-spec feature for a home. Not only will it let you enjoy the luxury of warm floors and evenly distributed heat during cold winter days— it also gives your property an additional selling point and makes it stand out from other homes.
Large electric floor heating systems also eliminate the need for big and bulky radiators, which gives rooms extra space and a cleaner, more elegant finish. For smaller apartments, this could save valuable square footage.
Because the system evenly distributes heat throughout the room, it is much more efficient in heating spaces that have well insulated walls, windows, and doors. Radiators can rapidly heat up the immediate area around the unit, but they are slow in distributing heat around the rest of the room. Underfloor systems are better because they heat a much larger surface area, starting from the floor and upwards. Underfloor electric heating systems may heat up slower, but they offer more consistent temperature throughout the space.
Electric floor heaters can also be installed flexibly, making them suitable for many different flooring types. Additionally, systems can be installed during a new-build or as part of a remodelling project.
There are also many off-the-shelf products and components available for DIYers for regular maintenance. When looking for high-quality electric underfloor heating products, choose suppliers that offer components from the most trusted manufacturers in the industry.
About The Author:
This article is written by Giles Lever, who is the MD of Livinghouse. Livinghouse is one of the UK's leading luxury bathroom and bath fittings suppliers. They have a wide range of luxury bathroom suites, designer bathroom furniture, modern bathroom electrical fittings, steam room shower generators, wet room drains and a much more. In past two decades, they have successfully led the market with their unique collection of contemporary bathroom design.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi