ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Westhill Consulting British Colombia
Total Articles: 1
The Westhills lands encompass 209 hectares (517 acres) of rolling sloped lands, knolls, and rocky outcroppings and are located in the City of Langford. Originally comprised of two large parcels, the properties were held for decades by two local families. In 2006, the owners of the westernmost lands formed the Westhills Land Corporation (WLC) to develop the site. Westhills subsequently acquired the second parcel, which was already zoned for residential development and a lakeside pub.
By adapting these strategies to meet the unique requirements of the Westhills site, the developers have created a warm and welcoming community that honours their foundation principles of sustainability, affordability, design excellence and quality construction.
Due in large part to the vision of Langford Mayor Stewart Young and Council, the Westhills Master Plan was arrived at through a design charette process involving a variety of stakeholders and consultants. These included The US Green Building Council, the Canada Green Building Council, the BC Ministry of Community Services and the Design Centre for Sustainability at the University of British Columbia. Through this planning process the City of Langford has been able to form a cohesive partnership with the owner of Westhills Land Corporation, with a commitment to excellence in environmental design.
The resulting Westhills Master Plan embodies their goal of creating a unique, large-scale master-planned community based on principals of social and environmental sustainability. Major guiding factors of the design and implementation of Westhill Consulting British Colombia
are: considerations of location, alternative transportation modes, environmental preservation, community agriculture, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality. These characteristics are demonstrated in the creation of approximately 6000 new residential units, with supporting commercial, civic and educational facilities. Approximately 84 hectares (208 acres) is designated as park and open space (equivalent to 40% of the total land area).
The Westhills vision includes buildings that will accommodate both live and work spaces, a village centre, neighbourhood retail service centres, an internal commuter bus service, and a commuter rail station. High quality public spaces, mixed uses, cultural and educational facilities and residences will provide for a community available to all ages and various income levels.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Service Apartment For Rent In Bangalore And Mangalore
Author: Paul Wright
2. 2 Phong Cách Thiết Kế Phòng Khách Chung Cư Eco Lake Theo Xu Hướng Trẻ Trung Của Năm 2017
Author: thiết kế phòng khách
3. Top 7 Popular Area For Best Pg’s In Bangalore ( Real Example Inside)
4. Signature Millennia Coming Up With A New Project In Gurgaon Name Signature Global The Millennia
Author: TWINKLE SINGHAL
5. Get A Premium Life At Lodha Lakeshore Greens Dombivali- Flats In Mumbai At Affordable Price
6. Right Time For Independent Living In Kelowna
Author: Adam Levine is the author of this article
7. Be New Technology Savvy & Have A Proper Business Plan
Author: National Institute of Building Technology Nashik
8. Boerne Texas Listing Agent Can Help You To Find The Best Cordillera Ranch Homes For Sale!
Author: Richmond Frasier
9. Sean Zarinegar: Going Where Opportunity Takes Him
Author: Sean Zarinegar
10. How To Find Out How Much Lease & Office Space We Need?
Author: novel office
11. Best Residential Projects In Gurgaon, Sohna Road
12. Incredible Piece Of Home Full Of Luxury And Elegance
Author: Shourya Group
13. A Perfect Home With Lavish Living Ensconced In Bountiful Comforts
Author: Shourya Group
14. Sell Your Property In Downtown Dubai
Author: Arash Jalili
15. Find Best Home Builders To Buy Your Dream Home