ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Westhill Consulting British Colombia
Total Articles: 1
The Westhills lands encompass 209 hectares (517 acres) of rolling sloped lands, knolls, and rocky outcroppings and are located in the City of Langford. Originally comprised of two large parcels, the properties were held for decades by two local families. In 2006, the owners of the westernmost lands formed the Westhills Land Corporation (WLC) to develop the site. Westhills subsequently acquired the second parcel, which was already zoned for residential development and a lakeside pub.
By adapting these strategies to meet the unique requirements of the Westhills site, the developers have created a warm and welcoming community that honours their foundation principles of sustainability, affordability, design excellence and quality construction.
Due in large part to the vision of Langford Mayor Stewart Young and Council, the Westhills Master Plan was arrived at through a design charette process involving a variety of stakeholders and consultants. These included The US Green Building Council, the Canada Green Building Council, the BC Ministry of Community Services and the Design Centre for Sustainability at the University of British Columbia. Through this planning process the City of Langford has been able to form a cohesive partnership with the owner of Westhills Land Corporation, with a commitment to excellence in environmental design.
The resulting Westhills Master Plan embodies their goal of creating a unique, large-scale master-planned community based on principals of social and environmental sustainability. Major guiding factors of the design and implementation of Westhill Consulting British Colombia
are: considerations of location, alternative transportation modes, environmental preservation, community agriculture, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality. These characteristics are demonstrated in the creation of approximately 6000 new residential units, with supporting commercial, civic and educational facilities. Approximately 84 hectares (208 acres) is designated as park and open space (equivalent to 40% of the total land area).
The Westhills vision includes buildings that will accommodate both live and work spaces, a village centre, neighbourhood retail service centres, an internal commuter bus service, and a commuter rail station. High quality public spaces, mixed uses, cultural and educational facilities and residences will provide for a community available to all ages and various income levels.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Jaypee Wish Town Project – Bringing Dream Into Reality
Author: Amardeep Kaur
2. As Metro Charges Into Greater Noida, The Hemisphere Well Placed As The Most Desirable Property
Author: The Hemisphere
3. The Best Property Deals Are Here For You With Buderim Real Estate
Author: Todd Baker
4. Lodha Codename Hidden Jewel – Symbol Of Luxurious
Author: Rohit Sharma
5. Buy Flats In Bangalore Through Red Coupon At A Lucrative Price
Author: Abhishek Agarwal
6. All About A Will After The Death Of The Owner
Author: anitha tiwarii
7. Foreclosures And Its Benefits
Author: Re Investor Forum
8. Investors Are Adding More Residential Rentals In Bronx Nyc
Author: Lawrence Roy
9. 2 Bhk Luxurious Apartments In Pune Comes With The Best Features
10. Redcoupon Franchise: A Single Destination For Home Buyers And Business Investors
Author: Red Coupon
11. Kolte Patil Itowers Exente: Ideal Investment With Great Returns!
Author: Priya Sharma
12. Top Things To Know About Bal Harbour, Florida
Author: Irit Naymark
13. Options For Funding Your Home Purchase In India
Author: Keya Homes
14. Top Reasons Why Foreigners Are Buying Properties In Fiji
Author: anil kumar
15. Green And Ecofriendly Home Promotes A Healthy Lifestyle
Author: TBPL Builders