ALL >> Health >> View Article
Who Shouldn't Use Protein Shakes?
Total Articles: 82
If you're hitting the gym for some muscles and six-pack abs, there are two ways to do so. The first is just the old-fashioned exercise and dieting. The second is through exercise, dieting, and supplements. Ask someone at the gym about what supplements you can do without. Most times, they'll tell you that you can do without creatine. You can do without BCAAs. You can do without nitric oxide supplements. You can do without protein bars. But one supplement you have to keep is protein shakes.
But are protein shakes really universal? Not necessarily. While protein powder is effective, there are certain circumstances wherein you shouldn't use any form of the supplement.
Lack of Understanding
Those who believe that protein shakes are magical drinks that transform you into the incredible hulk sans the green pigmentation should stay away from the supplements. Protein shakes are a supplementary source of protein. The proteins are helpful for your gym sessions in a way that they give you more energy to do more work. These supplements also help your recover from your workouts faster, allowing you to hit the gym again sooner. This makes for faster results, but it does not in any way contribute to getting ripped.
Not Willing to Exercise
Protein powders come with carbs. Protein and carbohydrates can be found in any other food. Excessive eating of food without exercise leads to a person becoming out of shape. Seeing a pattern here? Protein powders are still food. If you take too much of it, you'll get bigger. In fact, this is what most bodybuilders use to bulk up. Protein shakes are simple fuel for your workout sessions. If you take a lot of fuel but aren't expending it, it'll stay on you. Simply put, you'll get bigger indeed but you will still be out of shape.
Not Willing to Give Up Eating Habits
If an unhealthy diet led you to hit the gym in the first place, you should abandon it. This doesn't mean you should rely on protein powders alone. A balanced meal will keep your body nourished. An addition of protein through supplements gives you the much needed energy for a more rigorous exercise regimen as well as a boost in muscle development. Be careful as to not stray too far off in the opposite direction. When using protein powder, it's important that you keep a healthy diet and not treat it as your primary source of protein.
Not Wanting Muscle
It's rare, but a there are a lot of people who don't want muscles. If that's the case with you, then you can avoid protein shakes. However, protein powders will still be recommended especially if you come from a smaller body type. If you're too thin, you can use protein to grow a little bigger. Protein supplements bulk you up and you can cut your desired figure from there. If you are from a bigger body type and are just after weight-loss, you can do without protein powders as you can just exercise and diet your way back into shape. Before using them, learn more about protein shakes.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited