ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dentist In Nj Explains Six Ways Great Oral Hygiene Can Help You Lead A Healthier Life, 4
Total Articles: 37
Welcome to the final installment of this four-part article series on the top six benefits of good oral hygiene. So far, we’ve spoken to dentists in New Jersey who have covered the following five fundamental points:
1. Good oral hygiene may lower your risk of cardiovascular (heart) disease.
2. Good oral hygiene gives you great social confidence and a healthy self-esteem.
3. Good oral hygiene helps to preserve memory and can even prevent dementia.
4. Good oral hygiene reduces the risk of inflammation and infection in the body.
5. Good oral hygiene can help stabilize blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
In this article, our panel of dental implants surgeons in Rutherford will help us understand the sixth important benefit of good oral health and hygiene. And if you though the connection between your mouth and your memory was strange, wait until you hear this one!
The Benefits of Good Lifelong Oral Hygiene: Prevents Complications During Pregnancy
Did you know that fluctuations in hormone levels can actually lead to a greater risk of gum problems? It is around pregnancy and menopause that women can become more vulnerable to developing oral problems such as gingivitis and periodontitis (gum disease). In fact, this condition is so prevalent that it actually has a name: “pregnancy gingivitis.” But, just because it’s not uncommon doesn’t mean that it doesn’t hold some potentially very serious consequences for you AND your baby.
“There is some published scientific research that indicates there to exist a connection between preterm, low-birth weight babies and gum disease,” says the New Jersey dentist. “This relationship might not be straightforward, but the last thing you want to do as an expecting mother is take any risks. If you have just found out that you’re pregnant, it is highly recommended that you visit your dentist and begin a prenatal dental healthcare plan. This simply involves more frequent professional cleanings and exams.”
The Best Practices for Maintaining a Healthy Mouth
And there you have it! The six important benefits of maintaining good oral health! The good news is that it really isn’t hard at all and it takes very little time to keep your teeth and gums in beautiful shape. Here are the top recommendations of dentists and dental implants surgeons in Rutherford, New Jersey:
Brush your teeth for two solid minutes, two to three times a day.
Floss your teeth before you go to bed at night, EVERY night.
Go to the oral hygienist twice per year for a professional cleaning.
See your dentist once, or if you have been diagnosed with gum problems in the past, twice per year for preventative check-ups.
Avoid habits that destroy oral health, such as smoking, excessive drinking and illegal drug use.
If you are pregnant, a diabetic or take medications that cause “dry mouth”, increase your home oral hygiene efforts in order to keep infection at bay.
If you have a habit of grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw at night, get a mouth guard fitted and wear it.
Choose water over sugar-packed, acidic beverages, such as fruit juices, sports energy drinks and soda.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
“Remember, a healthy mouth is a healthy you,” say dentists in New Jersey. “You simply cannot separate the health of your mouth from that of your body, so keep that in mind the next time you’re tempted to go to bed without brushing your teeth!”
Gina Butler is a writer with a Masters degree in science & a passion for the written word. Using her advanced insights, she writes about all manner of topics, including modern era dentistry.
Health Articles1. Things You Can Do If Your Gums Are Bleeding
Author: Dr. Lakhwinder Singh
2. Paresthesia Could Cause Loss Of Male Organ Sensation
Author: John Dugan
3. Buy Adderall Xr 20 Mg Online Usa | @whitepear.store
4. Weight Reduction Herbs
5. Diy Treatments For Common Skin Concerns
Author: Dr mithra
6. Join Occupational First Aid Course To Serve As A First Aid Responder In Times Of Medical Emergency C
7. Qualities In A Pediatrician You Must Look For
Author: ponting brown
8. Remain In The Best Of Health With Pure Noni Products Of Salveo
9. Planning To Attend A Cme Medical Conference In Toronto? | Emedevents
10. Male Organ Skin And Vitamin D: A Healthy Combo
Author: John Dugan
11. How Do Invisible Braces Help Everyone In Your Family
Author: Joseph Donald
12. How A General Dentist Can Improve Your Oral Health
Author: Abel Abraham
13. How To Compare Invisible Braces To The Traditional Braces
Author: Malachi Mixon
14. Right Cosmetic Surgery Rectify Body And Facial Features
Author: opus clinic
15. Enjoy Monsoon Season With These Hair Care Tips
Author: Pankaj Singhal