ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
History And Origin Of Jade Gemstone
Total Articles: 7
What is the significance of Jade Gemstone?
Jade is also known as the stone of heaven and has been looked upon as one of the favorite gemstones for thousands of years. The pure forms of Jade are Nephrite and Jadeite. Amerindians recognized Jade’s value in treating kidney ailments and that’s where the term 'nephrite' came from. In 19th century, mineralogists and gemmologists came up with an idea that Nephrite and Jadeite are different from each other, despite of the fact that they bear a considerable resemblance appearance and hardness wise. Nephrite is available in mid to dark green, gray-green, white, yellowish or reddish in color. On the other hand, Jadeite can be found in green, white or pink, red, black, brown and violet colors. The finest quality of Jade showcases even distribution of the color, but has veins, blemishes and streaks, that do not considered as flaws in these gemstones.
What is the history of Jade Gemstone?
Jade inspires the wearer’s highest spiritual aspirations and is considered sensuous and luxurious in nature. Asian people have a great fascination and soft corner for Jade from long back and today, non-Asian
people have also drawn their attention towards the rich heritage, beauty, durability and rarity of this amazing gemstone.
Some of the facts related to the history of Jade are as follows:
• The history of Jade can be dated back to several thousand of years
• Jade is known for its toughness and was used to make weapons and tools
• Mayans and Aztecs have regarded Jade as a highly important stone
• Spanish explorers noticed that natives of Central America holding pieces of Jade near to their sides, in order to cure ills
• Chinese people refer Jade as ‘Yu’, which means ‘heavenly’ or ‘imperial’ as it is considered as an imperial gem in Chinese culture
• A new variety of Jade (Jadeite) was introduced in China by Burma in 1780s
• Jadeite of a brilliant green color is called Imperial Jade
• Jade was found in the tombs of the Shang kings in China
• The cultural roots of Nephrite Jade can be traced back in the smoke-dimmed caves and huts that were the shelter for prehistoric humans
• In Stone Age, people used to shape Jade into weapons, tools, ornaments and other ritual objects
• Jade plays a significant role in New Zealand’s history
• Jadeite is the rarer and more precious variety of Jade
Give details about the origin of Jade.
Jade is most commonly found in different parts of the world in large masses and then cut into the form of large blocks. These big blocks of Jade are auctioned off, sometimes just by showing their exteriors. Out
of the two varieties of Jade, Nephrite is more commonly found than Jadeite. The deposits of this gemstone are found in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, South America, Canada, China, Zimbabwe, Russia, Taiwan,
Alaska and Poland. Jadeite is widely found in Myanmar (Burma). Myanmar (Burma) is the only source of imperial Jadeite. Moreover, Jadeite is found in Guatemala, Kazakhstan, Japan, Canada, Russia, Turkey, Cuba
and the USA. Jade is most commonly found in the areas that have subduction zones.
For more info : http://www.gempundit.com/gemstones/jade
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Buy Platinum Wedding Rings Online
Author: Jewellery Cluster
2. Tips Every Mother Should Use To Buy Baby Diapers
Author: Harleen Kaur
3. Flowers From A Florist: Get High-quality And Custom Floral Designs In Charlottesville
Author: Randall Cash
4. Reap The Advantages Of Patio Furniture At Your Home
5. The Main Reason Behind The Motivation Of Women’s Clothing Choices
6. Why Would You Buy Bangles Online & Good Clutches Online?
Author: Shaze India
7. What You Need To Ask Yourself Before You Find A Florist?
Author: Mary Dann
8. Best Ways To Keep Your Eyes Protected This Summer
Author: Vikas Nehra
9. You Need A Florist To Rely On For Special Occasions
Author: Lynda Tatara
10. Essentials Of Shopify Dropshipping Business That You Must Know
Author: Robert King
11. Even Everyday Articles Can Stand Out From The Crowd
Author: Maria Gini
12. Things To Look For When You Buy Baby Wipes
Author: Harleen Kaur
13. A Guide To Choose Diapers For A Newborn Baby
Author: Harleen Kaur
14. Try Silver Rings For Men To Avoid Evils And To Receive Good Health!
Author: John Winslow
15. What To Wear And When To Wear – Jewelry Tips For Girls
Author: Michelle Diamond-Reece