ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Spreading The Knowledge About Non Gmo Seeds And Building Seed Banks
Total Articles: 161
It makes no sense to simply ignore the proceedings of the world and then think that everything will come out just fine. It never happens that way. The reality is much harsher than that. One has to give conscious effort all the time to keep the future happy, safe and sound. One must realize that we use many things during farming processes which can be improved upon. When the hybrid seeds were first discovered, this was indeed a major breakthrough. An even bigger invention was that of the tractor. However, today, some of the technology we have started using in a bid to hasten the process of growth and output is not only not good but is also harmful. That is why we must be very careful. We must pause and reflect on the developments in the past few decades.
The statistics do the talking for us. They tell us that fertility rates have been going down. Is it because the farmers have suddenly started becoming lazier than before? Surely not, because they still want to get as much profits and benefits for their family like the people before them. The difference then is the kind of technical inputs that are being given. The Non-GMO seeds are being advocated for many environmental groups quite rightly. But even that may not be enough to save us from some immediate calamity. A natural disaster may be in line for us if we don’t act fast enough.
Proper steps must be taken to curb its possibility but at the same time, it is always a good idea to have backup plans just in case it does strike us. That is where the validity of the Heirloom seed banks comes into the picture. These seed banks will simply contain the various kinds of seeds that are being currently grown by the community. There will be no complication in growing them, as organic methods will be used, which require the minimal inputs. There is only the need to spread the knowledge about the farming process. This can be done best by practicing from now only. It is critical that we understand the severity of the situation and need for Heirloom seed banks.
There are several agencies which can help in this regard. They not only provide the solutions for the seed vaults but they might also help in preserving and propagating the knowledge of conventional farming. Along with that, to make more and more people take up this mode of farming, the harmful side effects of genetically modified foods must be popularized. Different types of booklets, magazines and leaflets can be used. The electronic media, apart from the print media can be used as well. One may even come across some flyers and advertisements of groups that are practicing this locally. It may be a good idea to develop connections with them. The community connection and involvement will be needed for this venture to be successful. People must be explained the benefits of this program. Only then will they come forward for this survival gardening project wholeheartedly.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi