ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Strength And Weaknesses Of Protein Bars
Total Articles: 79
Isn't it ironic that for some people to lose weight or get in shape, they are told to stop eating one thing and then told to eat another? For instance, dieters stop eating altogether but feel the need to have energy bars. Not far from the picture are bodybuilders, who stop eating whole foods for energy but have their protein sources from somewhere else. These days, it's all about protein powder. How about protein bars?
Protein bars are, as the name implies, food bars that are rich in protein. They are manufactured by various companies, but one can cook a batch at home using a variety of protein sources. Bodybuilders require lots of protein for building mass and for more energy at the gym. For this reason, they use protein powder. Most bodybuilders swear to the effectiveness of whey protein, in particular. A good combination of protein supplements and healthy diets helps them reach the body they're gunning for.
So where do protein bars fit in? To answer that, let's look at the pros and cons.
Protein bars come in different forms. Some are packed with protein while others have a little less in its contents. Generally, the more the bar tastes like cardboard the better it is for you. See, protein bars that taste good are either the really expensive ones or those that have too much sugar content. That being said, really good-tasting protein bars often give way less protein than bad-tasting ones.
Either way, the purpose of protein bars remain the same: to provide supplemental protein. Most protein bars also give you that feeling of a full stomach, essentially acting as an appetite suppressant.
The weakness of the protein bar is that it's a jack-of-all-trades kind of thing. For instance, it does give protein, but less so than what you get from protein shakes. Also, while It may dampen your appetite, it may come with a high amount of calories, which is a counterproductive if you're primarily consuming protein bars for dieting.
That being said, protein bars are handy to have around despite the fact that they're not necessary most of the time. The protein bar's effectiveness relies on what you would have consumed in its place. For instance, if you've run out of protein powder and need your fix, then a protein bar will do. It may not be as effective as protein powder, but it should get you some protein.
All in all, protein bars are the bench players of the supplement team. They're great to have around in case they're needed. Otherwise, they stay on the bench. It's up to you to know when to grab your protein bars or not.
For instance, if you are unable to eat a full meal and the only thing available is junk food, then protein bars should hold you off until you get yourself a healthy plate. If a healthy meal is readily available but you're not hungry yet, settling for the protein bar and hoping to skip the meal is a bad and unhealthy idea. So if you want to get the best results,learn more about protein bars.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important