ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Computing In The Cloud Considerations
Total Articles: 6
Cloud technology has become an increasingly viable option for businesses, however questions still remain regarding if it is the right choice for your business. Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, based Kinetik IT’s President, Josette van Stiphout, weighs in on questions and considerations for those contemplating sending your business into the cloud.
- Company Size: Usually, cloud technology is the most appropriate for small to midsize businesses that do not have the talent and funding to implement in-house solutions. It also depends on the cloud application’s capacity and functionality.
- Physical Location: Does it make sense for your company if all employees are office-based rather than working from a remote office?
- Security: "Do I want to have everything in the cloud including all my company data?" The most important questions that people need to ask are really pertaining to data security.
- Space and Software Rental: A disadvantage for cloud computing is that you basically rent – it’s a lifetime rental situation. You don't own anything, and you will always pay a fee. This may be appropriate for some situations but not all.
The cloud has been available in some of fashion for 20 years or more, where it was called ASP (Application Service Providers) or SaaS (Software as a Service). Now in general terms, it's called cloud technologies. But keep in mind there are different categories of cloud computing: software, infrastructure, storage and platform hosting.
In addition to general-use questions, Josette offers considerations for the actual cloud provider. Here are some general suggestions:
- Choose a brand name cloud provider – e.g. Microsoft, Amazon, Google, NetSuite etc.
- Find out the physical location of the service provider’s data center, where the application and files are stored. Is this data center owned by the cloud provider or is it outsourced?
- Understand what kind of security controls and processes the provider has in place. Who will be administering your systems, can they see your data, and how do they avoid your data potentially being copied? Can other organizations who are using the same service potentially copy your data?
- Learn about their track record for up time. Planned downtime is a given – for them to perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades – and you want to know what it is.
- Know the historical length of downtime or average outage time, especially if it’s unplanned downtime, or a specific outage.
- Learn about the type of redundancies and data protection policies they have in place, in the event of loss of data, data corruption, unscheduled downtime or security breach.
- If you want to cancel your service, how easy is it to get your data and migrate to another service provider? Will they keep copies of your data after the service is cancelled?
- Get a copy of their SLA (Service Level Agreement) and support guarantees.
Kinetik IT is a full-service information technology and internet services provider, offering a wide array of technology and internet strategy solutions, as well as sound advice. To learn more about services and products, and to stay up to date with Kinetik IT, visit www.Kinetik-IT.com.
Article Source: Kinetik IT blog
Internet Marketing Articles1. Takenregistratie
2. Ppc As A Vital Benchmark To Enhance The Marketing Of Your Business
Author: Digital Prosoft
3. Reasons To Appreciate A Landing Page
Author: Simplified SocialMedia Optimization
4. Top Reason Why Your Website Is Not Ranking In Google 2018
5. Garmin Map Update Error +1-888-524-8675
Author: garmin update
6. Communication Is Getting Cheaper Through Whatsapp Marketing Services
Author: Suresh Kumar
7. Top Host Company In Town
8. Digital Marketing Software Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
9. Why Linksys Extender Are The Best
Author: pinkesh tomar
10. Common Wordpress Mistakes To Avoid
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
11. Knowing The Seo Marketing Right From The Seo Service Providers
12. Why Is Alexa Rank Important To Your Serps Rank?
Author: Web Click India
13. Simple And Useful Tips That Improve Your Alexa Ranking
Author: Web Click India
14. 6 Ways To Optimise A Website For The Mobile
15. 4 Strategies That Can Help You Make Millions Using Facebook Ads
Author: Benjamim Simkin