ALL >> Health >> View Article
Lumbar Fusion – The Last Resort For Lumbar Herniated DiscBy Expert Author: Ross Stone
It is often seen that many of you ignore pain triggering in lower back. However, can you even think of consequences if you are feeling the pangs of severe pain on a regular basis? It is extremely important for you to understand that increase in back pain can directly affect your performance at work and your personal life. A large number of people across the globe are experiencing the problem in lower back wherein they are recommended to undergo surgery. However, before you opt for Lumbar Fusion Surgery, your surge will treat you with different non-invasive measures.
If you are recommended the spinal fusion surgery then it is important for you to keep in mind the fact that it is not a quick answer for your severe back pain. It is only that severity of the pain will reduce but you might feel pangs of lower back pain at different interval of times.post the surgery, you have to follow the instructions given by the surgeon and physical therapies so that your back can regain strength again. As slated above, the objective of this surgery is to stop the motion of vertebral segments and once it is achieved, pain in lower back will also reduce.
The primary purpose of spinal fusion surgery is to prevent the regular motion at an extremely painful vertebral segment. Post surgery, patient feels respite in pain triggering from the joint. There are diverse approaches to lumbar spinal fusion surgical process. Most of these involve the procedures mentioned below:
• The bony fusion – In this, mobile joint is replaced with one fixed bone, thus stopping the motion at the affected joint.
• Addition of bone graft to a spinal segment
• For creating a bone fusion, biological response is set up that leads to the growth of bone graft between two vertebral elements
If excessive as well as abnormal motion occurring at vertebral segment leads to unbearable pain that is not improved with medication the surgery is the only last resort. Patients who are suffering from the conditions listed below, this surgery is considered as the best option when other non-surgical treatment fails to show any kind of improvement.
• Lumbar Spondylolisthesis (postlaminectomy spondylolisthesis, degenerative or isthmic)
• Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
Some of the other conditions that are treated with spinal fusion surgical procedure are deformity, instability in spine because of tumours and infections, scoliosis and fractures.
Degenerative disc disease in the lower back or lumbar spine or Lumbar Herniated Disc is a syndrome where in a compromised disc leads to pain in lower back. There are plenty of reasons that are responsible for the condition. Although genetic component can be one reason but there are several other factors that cause this problem. Traumatic injury or simple wear and tear can also lead to degenerative disc disease in the lower back. However, it is only in rare circumstances that it triggers from a major trauma like car accident. As observed in most of the cases, it occurs because of low impact disc injury that gradually progresses with time.
No matter what is the cause of the condition, if left untreated it can make your life miserable. Initially doctors are not able to diagnose unless the symptom persists. Series of tests are conducted to diagnose the condition starting from MRI scan to X-Rays and other procedures. Once the condition ascertained, patient is prescribed medications for at least five to eight weeks. Along with it, spine surgeon recommends physical therapy and exercises so that patient can improve the condition. However, when all non-surgical measures fail to even better the condition that spinal fusion surgery is considered as the last resort for Lumbar Herniated Disc.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat