ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Rhine River Cruise Tour
Total Articles: 185
Planning for European holidays, a luxury Rhine river cruise tour is the best choice. The Rhine River begins from the Alps in Switzerland and falls into the North Sea flowing through France, Germany, Luxembourg and Netherlands. Rhine river cruises start from a number of cities situated at banks of the Rhine, including Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Cologne and Basel. There are number of itineraries to choose from to sail Rhine, ranging from single day cruises to multiple night cruises covering all five countries.
Affectionately called Romantic Rhine, Rhine Valley and Rhine Gorge, The Middle Rhine in Germany is considered to be the most scenic part of Rhine This segment of the river begins in Mainz and extends till Koblenz. It boasts picturesque castles and vineyards and is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Dating back to Middle Ages, many castles on the ridge tops have been restored and are now open to tourists. Burg Eltz is the most remarkable of all. Nestled amidst lush green surroundings, Burg Eltz is a visual delight and here tourists also get see armour, medieval kitchen and Rococo furniture. Some castles have been converted into hotels and hostels as well. Travellers who wish to stay at royal abode from the Middle Ages overlooking the mighty river Rhine may customize their luxury Rhine river cruise itinerary and stay overnight at Castle Auf Schonburg.
Apart from scenic castles, there’s one more highlight of many Rhine Gorge cruises - Lorelei Rock. Named after the feminine water spirit, the rock has a popular folklore associated with it and it has been mentioned in many works of art, literature and music.
Rhine cruise itineraries including French destinations, Stratsourg and Breisach, are even more enthralling as tourists get to visit romantic villages and the opportunity to savour wine at the famed Dopff & Irion Vineyard.
Best Time for Rhine River Cruise: The season for cruising along the Rhine begins in May and extends till fall. During the Christmas season, at the ancient streets snaking along the river, tourists would come across chocolate Santas, candle markets, and plenty of wurst and glühwein. Shopaholics would find sailing on the Rhine the most fascinating way to visit these seasonal markets.
Get more information on: Rhine River Cruise & Luxury Rhine River Cruise
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure