ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Rhine River Cruise Tour
Total Articles: 185
Planning for European holidays, a luxury Rhine river cruise tour is the best choice. The Rhine River begins from the Alps in Switzerland and falls into the North Sea flowing through France, Germany, Luxembourg and Netherlands. Rhine river cruises start from a number of cities situated at banks of the Rhine, including Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Cologne and Basel. There are number of itineraries to choose from to sail Rhine, ranging from single day cruises to multiple night cruises covering all five countries.
Affectionately called Romantic Rhine, Rhine Valley and Rhine Gorge, The Middle Rhine in Germany is considered to be the most scenic part of Rhine This segment of the river begins in Mainz and extends till Koblenz. It boasts picturesque castles and vineyards and is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Dating back to Middle Ages, many castles on the ridge tops have been restored and are now open to tourists. Burg Eltz is the most remarkable of all. Nestled amidst lush green surroundings, Burg Eltz is a visual delight and here tourists also get see armour, medieval kitchen and Rococo furniture. Some castles have been converted into hotels and hostels as well. Travellers who wish to stay at royal abode from the Middle Ages overlooking the mighty river Rhine may customize their luxury Rhine river cruise itinerary and stay overnight at Castle Auf Schonburg.
Apart from scenic castles, there’s one more highlight of many Rhine Gorge cruises - Lorelei Rock. Named after the feminine water spirit, the rock has a popular folklore associated with it and it has been mentioned in many works of art, literature and music.
Rhine cruise itineraries including French destinations, Stratsourg and Breisach, are even more enthralling as tourists get to visit romantic villages and the opportunity to savour wine at the famed Dopff & Irion Vineyard.
Best Time for Rhine River Cruise: The season for cruising along the Rhine begins in May and extends till fall. During the Christmas season, at the ancient streets snaking along the river, tourists would come across chocolate Santas, candle markets, and plenty of wurst and glühwein. Shopaholics would find sailing on the Rhine the most fascinating way to visit these seasonal markets.
Get more information on: Rhine River Cruise & Luxury Rhine River Cruise
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah