ALL >> Health >> View Article
Consider Banking Cord Blood To Save The Child’s Life In Future
Total Articles: 3
Many parents have heard about cord blood banking but don’t know if it’s right for their family. Parents need to understand that it does cost money to bank their child’s cord blood.
An initial fee is required, and after that, annual payments must be paid. However, there are many great reasons to bank Cord blood. It’s true that it’s impossible to know if the blood will ever be needed, but many parents have chosen to play it safe.
Easy To Obtain
The stem cells that are inside of Cord blood are valuable. Fortunately, the stem cells from cord blood are very easy to extract. The extraction process doesn’t pose a threat to a mother or her child.
The only other way that these important stem cells can be obtained is through bone marrow extraction, which is very intrusive and painful.
After a mother gives birth to her child, it only takes a few minutes to extract the valuable cord blood. When compared to using bone marrow, it’s far easier to extract cord blood.
Immune System Repair
A number of different diseases affect a person’s immune system. Unfortunately, a crippled immune system can dramatically reduce a person’s quality of life.
The stem cells that are found in cord blood can treat at least 80 different diseases. Parents who have considered Cord blood banking for their child have created a safety net. If parents or their child develops a disease, it’s likely that the cord blood can be used to treat the disease.
It’s much better to treat a disease with cord blood than radiation or chemotherapy. Banked cord blood can be used to repopulate and bolster the immune system, so if parents have banked their child’s cord blood, it will be available for the child.
The Perfect Match
A child will always be a perfect genetic match for his or her cord blood. Strict requirements make it hard for recipients to obtain the stem cells that they need for therapy. If a child’s cord blood has been banked, he or she will have access to it if the need ever arises.
However, there is always a chance that a child’s cord blood can be used for siblings. In fact, the odds of a sibling being a whole or partial match with a child’s cord blood are much better than with blood from complete strangers.
Put simply, a child will always be a perfect match for his or her cord blood, but there is a good chance that the blood could also be used to treat siblings.
Parents who choose to bank their child’s cord blood will always have it available to them. There are no retrieval fees, and it has the potential to save the child’s life.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important