ALL >> General >> View Article
Thermostat Maintenance Tips
Total Articles: 1
Your thermostat is a vital as well as sensitive instrument that is required to properly keep a constant temperature in your home. Even though it has fewer components than any other part of your heating and cooling system, the thermostat is often a source of issues that can lead to higher energy costs. A thermostat with an ill-fitting cover, base that is not level or perhaps one that has been accidently bumped can all cause the heating and cooling system not to begin. Knowing what issues may happen with your thermostat, however, is the first step to help prevent issues.
Common Thermostat Issues
The most common issue that happens with thermostats is dirt, which will negatively affect its calibration and disrupt its operation. For example, a dirty thermostat set at 70 degrees can actually be maintaining a 73 degree temperature. This increase in energy consummation also leads to a great increase in the heating and cooling costs. Checking the thermostat for accuracy yearly before cold weather sets in will help avoid issues.
Loosen and corroded switches as well as wires close to the bimetallic element can also result thermostat problems. Thankfully, this can be easily solved by carefully tightening loose connections with the right screwdriver and cleaning away any corrosion with a cotton swab.
Thermostat Temperature Calibration
It is not unusual for a thermostat to lose its calibration over time. Without proper calibration, the thermostat cannot maintain the set temperature. Checking the calibration as soon as a year can help ensure the thermostat is working the method it was designed to. Placing a glass tube thermostat on the wall next to your programmable thermostat can help determine just how accurate the heating and cooling thermostat actually is. If the temperature is off, try cleaning it to correct the problem. If, following cleaning, the temperatures still don't match up, think about replacing the thermostat with a newer model. Keep in your mind, however, that the thermostat model you choose must be compatible with your heating as well as cooling system.
A properly maintained thermostat helps to ensure your home is running at its maximum energy efficiency and increases the comfort level of the home.
Air Zone Cooling & Heating serves the encompassing Las Vegas Valley within Clark County including Anthem, East Las Vegas, Green Valley, Henderson, Mountains Edge, North Las Vegas, Northwest, Southern Highlands, Southwest, Spring Valley and Summerlin. Among the myriad of services the company offers to its formidable client roster are air conditioning repair, maintenance and installation; heating repair, maintenance, and installation. Air Zone Cooling and Heating can be reached by calling (702) 240-9663. For more information visit http://www.lasvegasairzone.com.
General Articles1. The 5 Biggest Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid While Repairing Your Air Conditioner!
2. Riyaz Hassanali Is An Expert Cosmetic Surgeon Offering Best Treatment Procedures For Patients
3. New Trending List Of Ios App Development Companies
4. Understanding Intelligent Video Management Software
5. Quick Fix For Inserting Shoton Oneplus Tags
6. What Are The Features And Specification Of Edm 830 System?
7. Important Qualities Of A Photobooth Company
Author: William is the author of this article
8. Instantfuns Platform With New H5 Releases Mythic Fantasy
9. Celebrate The Height Of Pre-wedding Fun With Party Bus Rentals Near Me
Author: David WILSON
10. Online Birthday Gifts Same Day Delivery
11. Emergency Dentist - Need Of An Emergency
Author: Dr. Peter Lam
12. Zox Pro Training - Speed Reading | Faster Learning
Author: Shannon Panzo
13. Event Recruitment Made Easy Through Online Staffing Solutions Portal, Professionate
14. Online Shopping Is Quite Safe & Beneficial! Don’t Miss Out Everyday Deals
15. Worried About Bad Credit? You May Still Get A Small Business Loan In 2018
Author: Ankit Shrivastavaa