ALL >> Health >> View Article
Teeth Implants Surgeons Explain Six Ways Great Oral Hygiene Can Help You Lead A Healthier Life, 3
Total Articles: 37
Welcome to the third installment of our four-part article series on the many benefits of good oral hygiene! Thus far, we’ve discussed some of the more obvious benefits, such as a healthy mouth, fresh breath and beautiful white teeth. But the panel of teeth implants surgeons we’ve spoken to in New Jersey have also revealed some of the shocking connections that exist between oral hygiene and the health of your whole body.
For example, in Part 1 it was revealed that people with gum disease might be at a greater risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and blood vessel blockages and in Part 2, the link between gum disease and dementia and Alzheimer’s was explored. Now, let’s take a look at some more important and potentially life-changing benefits…
4. The Benefits of Good Lifelong Oral Hygiene: Reduces the Risk of Inflammation and Infection in the Body
The human body is a complex machine that consists of many different organs and systems. These all perform together in a delicate and beautifully balanced ballet of functions. What this means is that illness in one part of the body has consequences for other parts of the body and this is especially true with the mouth.
“The mouth is the primary portal into the body,” says a NJ dental implants surgeon. “You use it for eating and breathing, so if it is unhealthy, all that bacteria has a very direct pathway into your stomach, into your lungs and into your bloodstream. It’s just ironic that the same people who won’t pick food up off the floor and eat it out of a concern for germs don’t floss their teeth nightly or brush frequently enough. You’re at just as much risk of making yourself sick from an unhealthy mouth as you are from catching germs from the outside.”
Infection in the mouth – as is characteristic of gum disease – has been shown to lead to a higher risk of developing infection and inflammation in other parts of the body. Diseases that are seemingly completely unrelated to the oral cavity, with further research, are showing an alarming connection to poor oral health.
“Liver and kidney disease, respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease and even the autoimmune disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, are all linked with poor oral hygiene and health,” warn our panel of teeth implants surgeons in New Jersey. “So, when you make that decision to skip cleaning your teeth or avoid the dentist, the long term ramifications could be very serious!”
5. The Benefits of Good Lifelong Oral Hygiene: Can Stabilize Blood Sugar in Diabetics
“There is a strong relationship between gum disease and diabetes,” say NJ dental implant dentists. “Patients who have uncontrolled diabetes are more likely to also present with gum problems because this disease compromises white blood cells, which are your body’s main defense against infection. Medical research has shown that if you have diabetes, you are at a greater risk of succumbing to gum disease than those who don’t.”
Stay Tuned for Part 4…
To read some final notes on how good oral hygiene can promote better lifelong general health, in addition to preventing New Jersey residents from needing teeth implants of course, stay tuned for the final installment of this four-part article series.
Gina Butler is a writer with a Masters degree in science and a passion for the written word. Using her advanced insights, she writes about all manner of topics, including dentistry & the incredible modern breakthroughs that have been made in the field of dental implants.
Health Articles1. All You Need To Know About Shirodhara
Author: Shriya Ayu Clinic
2. Medicare Reporting Challenges To Affect Independent Practices
3. Male Organ Health And Wellness: When It’s Time To Talk To A Urologist
Author: John Dugan
4. World Best Air Ambulance Service In Bagdogra With Md Doctors
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
5. Global Ventricular Assist Devices Market Trend
6. Key Reasons To See A Reputed Podiatrist To Cure Feet Problems
Author: Marion Yau
7. Be Fit And Healthy Through Regular Consumption Of Noni Products Of Salveo
8. Hacks To Stop Snoring
Author: Alex Bowmann
9. How Dr. Kewal Krishan Saved My Grandfather’s Life
Author: ponting brown
10. The Best Hospital For Cancer Treatment ; Balaji Action Cancer Hospital
Author: ponting brown
11. Turn Towards The Remedial Surgeries To Perk Up Your Beauty
Author: owen Thomson
12. 3 Easy Ways To Brand Your Next Medical Event
13. Why Should We Use Teeth Whitening Kits?
14. Tumescence Problems And The Too-hard Member: Understanding Priapism
Author: John Dugan
15. Things In Mind When Picking The Right Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash