ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Comcast Metro Ethernet: Tips For Getting Faster Internet Service
Total Articles: 2
Do you ever feel like your Internet service is not as fast as you would like it to be? The problem might not actually be with the Comcast metro Ethernet service itself, but with the devices on your end. If you use these tips, you can get the Internet to work more quickly on any machine. People sometimes assume that the problem lies with the provider and that there is nothing that they can do to make a difference, but the facts do not always support this position.
1. Make sure that you do not have a virus, malware or spyware.
The first step is to get a program that can run a scan for a virus. You then need a second one - though some programs can do both - to check for spyware and malware. All of these little parasites can run behind the scenes on your computer, slowing everything down. They are taking up memory, so your computer is not as fast, and they may even be actively slowing you down if that is what they were designed to do. Eliminating them gets things back to normal.
2. Get new cables to connect to your computer.
Did you know that an old cable could be slowing you down? If it is wearing out, it may not allow for the fastest possible transfer of data. It may also just be too old for you to get all of the benefits of the Comcast metro Ethernet service. For a few dollars, you can get a new cable, and it will feel like you have new Internet service entirely.
3. Limit the amount of devices being used at one time.
Do you have many devices hooked up to the Internet? If you have a wireless router, people in the house could be using desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and similar devices. The more that you use at once, the more bandwidth is needed. Turning off some of these devices can help. If you are trying to watch a movie on your computer and someone else is streaming a video game online, both will be slow.
4. Try to keep browser windows to a minimum.
Similarly, when working on the metro optical network, try to keep from running too many windows at the same time. This can slow down the window that you are actively using. If you have videos or ads playing in those background windows, they are taking up bandwidth. You can multitask when you have to, but doing one thing at a time is the best way to make sure that your Internet connection is always as fast and responsive as you want it to be.
Computers Articles1. Gmail Account Recovery Steps By Reset Gmail Password Experts (866)324-3o42
Author: sofia smith
2. Gmail Customer Care Number 1-844-209-3224us Gmail Customer Service
Author: Gmail support number for resolving Gmail issues
3. Tор Four Tірѕ Fоr Choosing A Web Developer Fоr Your Web Site
4. Four Straight Forward Steps For A Web Design
5. How To Choose Thе Rіght Web Developer Fоr уоur Wеb ѕіtе
6. How To Be A Creative Web Developer
7. The Computer Repair Service Milwaukee Is A One Stop Shop For All Computer Repairs And Data Recovery
8. Contact Data Recovery Milwaukee Experts To Restore Data From Failed Hard Disc Drives
9. Contact Expert Hyip Custom Design Professionals To Enhance Your Business Presence Online
10. How To Resolve Yahoo Mail Sign In Page Problems
Author: mark belly
11. 5 Tips For Choosing Your Salesforce Consulting Partner
Author: Allie Laine
12. The Best Site For Your Revelation Online Gold
13. The Best Gaming Store At Your Service
14. The Best Gold Buys For Albion
15. Find The Best Sales For Mmorpg Gold