ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Comcast Metro Ethernet: Tips For Getting Faster Internet Service
Total Articles: 2
Do you ever feel like your Internet service is not as fast as you would like it to be? The problem might not actually be with the Comcast metro Ethernet service itself, but with the devices on your end. If you use these tips, you can get the Internet to work more quickly on any machine. People sometimes assume that the problem lies with the provider and that there is nothing that they can do to make a difference, but the facts do not always support this position.
1. Make sure that you do not have a virus, malware or spyware.
The first step is to get a program that can run a scan for a virus. You then need a second one - though some programs can do both - to check for spyware and malware. All of these little parasites can run behind the scenes on your computer, slowing everything down. They are taking up memory, so your computer is not as fast, and they may even be actively slowing you down if that is what they were designed to do. Eliminating them gets things back to normal.
2. Get new cables to connect to your computer.
Did you know that an old cable could be slowing you down? If it is wearing out, it may not allow for the fastest possible transfer of data. It may also just be too old for you to get all of the benefits of the Comcast metro Ethernet service. For a few dollars, you can get a new cable, and it will feel like you have new Internet service entirely.
3. Limit the amount of devices being used at one time.
Do you have many devices hooked up to the Internet? If you have a wireless router, people in the house could be using desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and similar devices. The more that you use at once, the more bandwidth is needed. Turning off some of these devices can help. If you are trying to watch a movie on your computer and someone else is streaming a video game online, both will be slow.
4. Try to keep browser windows to a minimum.
Similarly, when working on the metro optical network, try to keep from running too many windows at the same time. This can slow down the window that you are actively using. If you have videos or ads playing in those background windows, they are taking up bandwidth. You can multitask when you have to, but doing one thing at a time is the best way to make sure that your Internet connection is always as fast and responsive as you want it to be.
Computers Articles1. Why To Move It Consulting In Miami And Your Career Towards Tech
Author: ITSupport Managers
2. Activate Norton Antivirus |+1-855-550-9333
Author: alissa silver
3. Installation Or Upgrade Of New Operating Systems.| Dataalign
4. Avail Data Recovery Milwaukee Services To Restore Data From Failed Hard Drives
5. What’s The Difference Between Office 365 And Office 2016?
Author: Karim Salem
6. How To Protect Your Dell Computers From Viruses.
7. Find The Ultimate Laptop Screen Repair In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
8. Avail It Support Waukesha To Maintain Your Computer Systems In Best Condition
9. Online Use Of Practice Management Software For Physiotherapists In Australia
Author: Ben C
10. Dell Laptop Does Not Boot Or Hangs Periodically.| Call +1(888)784-9316
11. Business Process Automation As A Service For Organizations In Today’s World
12. 5 Reasons To Choose Universal Laser Service For Cutting, Engraving And Marking
Author: Rob Hibbs
13. Why Companies Are Using It Managed Services
14. How Cloud Security Be Contributed To The Safety Of Your Business
15. Healthcare It Solutions – Many Advantages