ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Comcast Metro Ethernet: Tips For Getting Faster Internet Service
Total Articles: 2
Do you ever feel like your Internet service is not as fast as you would like it to be? The problem might not actually be with the Comcast metro Ethernet service itself, but with the devices on your end. If you use these tips, you can get the Internet to work more quickly on any machine. People sometimes assume that the problem lies with the provider and that there is nothing that they can do to make a difference, but the facts do not always support this position.
1. Make sure that you do not have a virus, malware or spyware.
The first step is to get a program that can run a scan for a virus. You then need a second one - though some programs can do both - to check for spyware and malware. All of these little parasites can run behind the scenes on your computer, slowing everything down. They are taking up memory, so your computer is not as fast, and they may even be actively slowing you down if that is what they were designed to do. Eliminating them gets things back to normal.
2. Get new cables to connect to your computer.
Did you know that an old cable could be slowing you down? If it is wearing out, it may not allow for the fastest possible transfer of data. It may also just be too old for you to get all of the benefits of the Comcast metro Ethernet service. For a few dollars, you can get a new cable, and it will feel like you have new Internet service entirely.
3. Limit the amount of devices being used at one time.
Do you have many devices hooked up to the Internet? If you have a wireless router, people in the house could be using desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, and similar devices. The more that you use at once, the more bandwidth is needed. Turning off some of these devices can help. If you are trying to watch a movie on your computer and someone else is streaming a video game online, both will be slow.
4. Try to keep browser windows to a minimum.
Similarly, when working on the metro optical network, try to keep from running too many windows at the same time. This can slow down the window that you are actively using. If you have videos or ads playing in those background windows, they are taking up bandwidth. You can multitask when you have to, but doing one thing at a time is the best way to make sure that your Internet connection is always as fast and responsive as you want it to be.
Computers Articles1. Professional Script Design Services Can Make A Difference To Your Business Online
2. Troubleshoot The Most Common Technical Issues In Windows 10 By Contacting Windows Technicians
Author: Philippa Pippa
3. Mac Os X Mountain Lion Ensures The Utmost Protection Against Malware Program
Author: Barack Taye
4. How To Get Best Email Technical Support?
5. Exchange Database Recovery Software
6. 7 Powerful Tips For Persuasive And Captivating Interactive Presentation
Author: Amit Sahoo
7. Creating The ιστοσελιδα Properly For Establishing The Brand Information
Author: parveen kumar
8. Kind Of Infections A Pc Is Prone To
Author: Newlite Technical services
9. Samsung Screen Repairs, Nationwide Repairs, 60 Min Repair Manchester
Author: samsung repairer
10. Mac Book Pro Repair Andheri Is The Best Solution For Your Damaged System
Author: Mike Rakhangi
11. Planning To Hire An Odoo Developer? - A Must Read
Author: Jay Vora
12. Contact Pc Repairs Maroochydore Experts To Resovle Software Or Hardware Issues Of Your Computer
13. Tips To Choose A Good Computer Repair Service Provider
14. 2. Anniversary Update Leads To Some Technical Issue In Windows 10
Author: Easton Finn
15. 10 Easy Steps To Clean Your Infected Computer
Author: Newlite Technical services