ALL >> Business >> View Article
Best Uses For Digital Signage For Shopping Retail Stores
Total Articles: 37
This past holiday shopping season, many retailers eagerly turned to digital signage solutions both in-store and out-of-store to drive customers to shop, shop, shop.
According to new research from IHS, digital signage in the coming years will grow to become a $17 billion market by 2017. Much of this growth will come from retailers in North America and Western Europe, with plans to use digital signage to promote brands, offer store merchandise discounts and entertain customers while on premises.
Retailers across the US in particular were hoping that the psychological lift from recent growth in employment numbers might help shoppers spend more. And here are some of the best ways to use digital signage in retail environments for more effective customer targeting, sales and service.
- Deal Promotion: Retailers are primarily using in-store digital signage to promote holiday deals, and publicize discounted items. Sale items shown on digital displays have shown purchase increases of upwards of 15% on certain items. With real-time updated content software driving the display, the digital signage information can spread sales awareness among customers.
- Story Telling: Remember, your customers care about people, too. So why not use in-store digital signage to share employee stories? With negative stories about striking workers in certain retail companies, why not highlight the positive people stories? Retailers can produce timely video content of employees, customers and vendors to highlight more than just deals.
- Customer education: Some food retailers use digital displays in stores to share video recipes, health information on foods and dietary content of certain food products. Retailers should try to educate shoppers this holiday season with useful information for better consumer decisions.
- Sponsor content share: Retailers can and should seek out sponsor deals from manufacturers for extra revenue. Manufacturers want to move more units, and if retailers can foster that sales growth with digital displays, then it’s a great tool. Offer the manufacturers the opportunity to sell or promote on the digital signage display, straight to the customer’s attention.
One retailer, Barney’s had a particularly amazing display this past season. At the retailer’s flagship Madison Avenue store, you’ll got an up close look at some of CCS Partner Christie’s digital technologies on display in multimedia events that bring interactive experiences to holiday shoppers.
AV Network writes:
“Barneys and Christie have partnered again to bring back the “bricks and mortar” shopping experience, creating magical windows and an in-store gallery through the use of visual technologies. “A New York Holiday” is a series of windows facing Madison Avenue and an interactive in-store gallery brought to life by Christie Digital display technologies. Working with artist Joanie Lemercier and Mr. Carter, Barneys will utilize a range of Christie display technology, including projectors, Christie MicroTiles and Christie HD flat panel monitors, to create multimedia events that envelop customers in interactive experiences.”
Among the technologies used will be the Christie HD14K-M projector, Christie LW720, Christie LWU420, and Christie HD flat panel displays, including the new Christie WeatherAll flat panel, an outdoor TV that resists scratches and impacts, offering customers a highly durable digital signage solution.
Digital signage can be a great asset for local and national retailers – consult the local audio-visual solutions reseller in your area to learn which AV systems work best, to enable your customers to have a visually enhanced shopping experience.
Article Source: CCS Presentation Systems
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better