ALL >> Health >> View Article
Bulimia Eating Disorder - When People Misuse Food
Total Articles: 287
Bulimia is yet another eating disorder reality and one of the fastest growing neuroses in the western world. Unlike anorexia which is a very visible as serious disease, bulimia is a master of disguise and characterized by binging and purging behaviors. The person who face this type of disorder usually consume or eat a lot of food at once and then try to get rid of the excessive food either by vomiting, using laxatives or even sometimes by over-exercising. In addition to this, person with bulimia eating disorder is preoccupied with his or her weight and body image.
These days this type of eating disorder is most common in adolescent and young adult women. This type of eating disorder might appear a tiny factor in their early stages, but with the passage of time it may develop and produce numerous negative effects. Though the exact and real cause of bulimia is not known, there are various factors that appear to cause its development, like:
â€¢ As per recent studies, it has been found that eating disorders occur more frequently in relatives of people with bulimia than in others. This incidence appears to be related to genetics, but family influences may also be important.
â€¢ Researchers have even recommended that altered levels of the chemical serotonin in the brain also play a major role. Serotonin levels are usually interrelated to the development of clinical depression.
Effects of Bulimia
If we talk about the effects of Bulimia then we can see that the repeated loss of fluids and nutrients caused by bulimia can render a body useless. The sufferer may also feel fatigue and apathy. It may even lead to casualty, if the disease is not taken care of. The functioning power of internal organs can be severely disrupted by bulimia and more likely an organ may fail to work.
Symptoms of Bulimia
Bulimia may affect the whole body of the person and so it becomes very important to identify its warning signs, like-
1. Extra obsession with calories and food.
2. Routine use of different medicines to control weight of body.
3. Unusual swelling around the jaw.
4. Over concern about body weight even if the person is not overweight.
5. Damaged tooth enamel & bad breath.
6. Sore throat or mouth sores.
In addition to all this, people with bulimia might complain of general weakness, abdominal pain and loss of menstrual cycles. Sometimes, they might also complain of vomiting or diarrhea without telling that it is self-induced.
Bulimia treatments should be followed strictly, if possible it must start from the early stages of the condition. Early treatment is very important, because if a person tries to delay in treating this eating disorder, excessive eating behavior pattern might further become more deeply ingrained and harder to change.
Today many people suffering from Bulimia are treated by psychologists without being admitted to the hospital until a severe physical complication requires hospitalization. Therapies like Individual therapy, combined with group therapy and family therapy are new way of treating Bulimia eating disorder. These days often counseling combined with the use of antidepressant medication are widely practiced for treating Bulimia eating disorder.
Apart from all this, as per recent observation it has been found that people with bulimia are more likely to have vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Moreover, vitamin deficiencies can result cognitive difficulties such as poor judgment or memory loss. Getting enough vitamins and minerals in daily diet or through supplements can correct the problems and reduce symptoms.
Bulimia is usually a long-term disease, and so it also becomes very important for an individual who are suffering from Bulimia check his or her weight, exercise habits, and physical and mental health periodically.
Kildare Street Clinic is a specialized eating disorder treatment center Ireland. Visit http://www.kildarestreetclinic.com/ today and get effective Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for treatment of Bulimia nervosa, Anorexia nervosa and other eating disorders at http://www.kildarestreetclinic.com/treatment.html
Health Articles1. Pros And Cons In Dental Implants
Author: Rajkumar's Dentistry
2. Ten Common Causes Of Dry Peeling Skin On The Member And How To Treat Them
Author: John Dugan
3. 5 Facts Every Parents Need To Know About Autism | Best Autism Treatment In Hulimavu, Bangalore
4. What Real Food Can You Eat After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
Author: Paulo Pinho
5. Why Functional Manual Therapy Is Beneficial For Your Spinal Ache
Author: Zara Smith
6. Best Foods For When You Are Trying To Eat Healthy
Author: Keeros Multigrain
7. Breast Reduction: 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose It!
Author: Sahil Agarwal
8. 4 Surprising Benefits Of Strengthening Your Core
Author: Vida Chiropractic
9. The Importance Of Finding A Quality Orthodontist In Bolingbrook
Author: Michael Bay
10. Orthodontist In Pembroke Pines: Perfect Service
Author: Harold Brent
11. What You Need To Know About The Different Orthodontic Treatments?
Author: Frank Sullivan
12. 5 Strains You Should Start Growing With Your California Growers License Today
Author: Dr. Fu
13. Buy Kamagra Polo Online, Kamagra Polo Chewable Tablets
14. Buy Kamagra 100mg Online, Cheap Kamagra 100mg Price
15. Buy Kamagra Effervescent Online,cheap Kamagra In Usa