ALL >> Health >> View Article
All About Dental Implants
Total Articles: 7
With a close resemblance to all features of the real teeth, dental implants are the perfect solution for tooth loss. As dental implants have become an ideal and permanent solution for tooth loss, a person who has lost teeth can be hopeful of regaining his teeth. Dental implants may be categorized under both prosthetic dentistry and cosmetic dentistry.
Dental implants require a series of procedures to make the implants a successful one. In this article you shall find an outlook on dental implants:
Before making the Implants
When you visit a dentist for making dental implants, the dentist will examine your oral cavity and check the condition of oral tissues and its hygiene. A CT scan and X-rays will be taken to ensure sufficient bone density for the placement of implants and also to determine the position of placement of implants. Certain problems like diabetes, cancer and heart diseases might disqualify a person from having dental implants in Massachusetts.
Placement of implants:
During dental implants a functional connection is made between the dental implant and the living jaw bone. To get anchored and fused with the jaw bone the implants require a period of osseointegration (living implantation) from three to six months. Once there has been a successful osseointegration, the dentist will plant the crown.
After the placement procedure your diet has to be restricted to soft foods for a few days as there is a chance for minor bleeding and swelling. The dentist may prescribe certain medication for relief. Once the implant has been placed it is important to stop smoking and to maintain oral hygiene to ensure proper fusing of the bone and the implant. It is important to floss and brush regularly to keep the surrounding areas of the implant clean and to prevent infection. Failure to take appropriate care may lead the implant to fail. If proper care is given to the implant it can be retained for 40 years.
Benefits of dental implants
-Dental implants are strong and stable as natural teeth.
-This prevents the jawbone from deterioration thus avoiding bone loss.
-Dental implants allow people to have natural face shape and smile.
-An implant enables people to eat all kinds of food without any difficulty in chewing thereby ensuring proper nutrition to the human body.
-Unlike removable dentures Dental implants will not be an obstacle to speech and pronunciation.
-Implants do not cause any troubles or decay to the neighboring teeth.
With an incredible success rate of more than 95% dental implants are often the perfect substitute for lost teeth to maintain confidence and happiness in life.
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils