ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why You Need An Anti-slip Tile Treatment
Total Articles: 11
You just moved into your new home or decided to renovate or just reached that point in life where you start to feel uncomfortable with that floor when it gets wet.
The decision to reduce the risk of a slip/fall accident is often motivated by the first accident. Unfortunately this “first” incident can often be a serious one, particularly for the older person, leading to long term pain and reduced mobility.
Monash University research shows that In Australia there are over 500 fatal falls recorded by the Australian Bureau of Statistics every year, and over 110,000 hospital admissions for falls in buildings annually and approximately 75% of fall fatalities are aged 65 years and over! These staggering figures demonstrate the need to take a proactive approach to ensuring you or a family member doesn’t become part of these statistics.
What are the different Non Slip Floor Treatment?
Surface modification is one of the most common and Permanent solutions to increasing the (SCOF) Surface Co-Efficient of Friction. This process suitable for hard surfaces such as ceramic tiles, enamel baths etc. introduces micro channels into the surface, these allows liquids to disperse away from the contact area much the same as the tread of a car tire.
Non Slip Coating is a layer of product (usually transparent) that is applied to the surface of the floor. Usually a urethane with a good (SCOF) it is commonly used on vinyl or timber floors, this solution can be enhanced with the introduction of micro beads or grit, producing an even higher level of safety. These products are considered a “maintenance” type which means it will require recoating over time to ensure its effectiveness.
Which Anti Slip Tile Treatment is right for me?
The decision on which treatment to use will be based on many factors, such as surface type, wear factor, contamination exposure, ultra violet resistance etc. These factors will indicate to the professional technician the correct solution for your environment.
Unfortunately this decision is often left to the assistant at the local hardware or paint store and the risk of selecting the wrong product can be not only financially expensive but a real safety risk as well.
For a no obligation risk assessment and solution consultation please call Friction Systems Australia today on (03)9808 8070 or visit us at www.frictionsystems.com.au
Friction Systems Australia is a Melbourne based business providing a wide range of specialty Anti Slip Tile Treatment. Slip resistance requirements, state that Non Slip Floor Treatment , Reduce the risk of slip injury, expensive litigation, email or call us today for an obligation free risk assessment or quotation.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett