ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why You Need An Anti-slip Tile Treatment
Total Articles: 11
You just moved into your new home or decided to renovate or just reached that point in life where you start to feel uncomfortable with that floor when it gets wet.
The decision to reduce the risk of a slip/fall accident is often motivated by the first accident. Unfortunately this “first” incident can often be a serious one, particularly for the older person, leading to long term pain and reduced mobility.
Monash University research shows that In Australia there are over 500 fatal falls recorded by the Australian Bureau of Statistics every year, and over 110,000 hospital admissions for falls in buildings annually and approximately 75% of fall fatalities are aged 65 years and over! These staggering figures demonstrate the need to take a proactive approach to ensuring you or a family member doesn’t become part of these statistics.
What are the different Non Slip Floor Treatment?
Surface modification is one of the most common and Permanent solutions to increasing the (SCOF) Surface Co-Efficient of Friction. This process suitable for hard surfaces such as ceramic tiles, enamel baths etc. introduces micro channels into the surface, these allows liquids to disperse away from the contact area much the same as the tread of a car tire.
Non Slip Coating is a layer of product (usually transparent) that is applied to the surface of the floor. Usually a urethane with a good (SCOF) it is commonly used on vinyl or timber floors, this solution can be enhanced with the introduction of micro beads or grit, producing an even higher level of safety. These products are considered a “maintenance” type which means it will require recoating over time to ensure its effectiveness.
Which Anti Slip Tile Treatment is right for me?
The decision on which treatment to use will be based on many factors, such as surface type, wear factor, contamination exposure, ultra violet resistance etc. These factors will indicate to the professional technician the correct solution for your environment.
Unfortunately this decision is often left to the assistant at the local hardware or paint store and the risk of selecting the wrong product can be not only financially expensive but a real safety risk as well.
For a no obligation risk assessment and solution consultation please call Friction Systems Australia today on (03)9808 8070 or visit us at www.frictionsystems.com.au
Friction Systems Australia is a Melbourne based business providing a wide range of specialty Anti Slip Tile Treatment. Slip resistance requirements, state that Non Slip Floor Treatment , Reduce the risk of slip injury, expensive litigation, email or call us today for an obligation free risk assessment or quotation.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden