ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why You Need An Anti-slip Tile Treatment
Total Articles: 11
You just moved into your new home or decided to renovate or just reached that point in life where you start to feel uncomfortable with that floor when it gets wet.
The decision to reduce the risk of a slip/fall accident is often motivated by the first accident. Unfortunately this “first” incident can often be a serious one, particularly for the older person, leading to long term pain and reduced mobility.
Monash University research shows that In Australia there are over 500 fatal falls recorded by the Australian Bureau of Statistics every year, and over 110,000 hospital admissions for falls in buildings annually and approximately 75% of fall fatalities are aged 65 years and over! These staggering figures demonstrate the need to take a proactive approach to ensuring you or a family member doesn’t become part of these statistics.
What are the different Non Slip Floor Treatment?
Surface modification is one of the most common and Permanent solutions to increasing the (SCOF) Surface Co-Efficient of Friction. This process suitable for hard surfaces such as ceramic tiles, enamel baths etc. introduces micro channels into the surface, these allows liquids to disperse away from the contact area much the same as the tread of a car tire.
Non Slip Coating is a layer of product (usually transparent) that is applied to the surface of the floor. Usually a urethane with a good (SCOF) it is commonly used on vinyl or timber floors, this solution can be enhanced with the introduction of micro beads or grit, producing an even higher level of safety. These products are considered a “maintenance” type which means it will require recoating over time to ensure its effectiveness.
Which Anti Slip Tile Treatment is right for me?
The decision on which treatment to use will be based on many factors, such as surface type, wear factor, contamination exposure, ultra violet resistance etc. These factors will indicate to the professional technician the correct solution for your environment.
Unfortunately this decision is often left to the assistant at the local hardware or paint store and the risk of selecting the wrong product can be not only financially expensive but a real safety risk as well.
For a no obligation risk assessment and solution consultation please call Friction Systems Australia today on (03)9808 8070 or visit us at www.frictionsystems.com.au
Friction Systems Australia is a Melbourne based business providing a wide range of specialty Anti Slip Tile Treatment. Slip resistance requirements, state that Non Slip Floor Treatment , Reduce the risk of slip injury, expensive litigation, email or call us today for an obligation free risk assessment or quotation.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi