ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Easy Methods To Produce Thumbnail Images In Bulk
Total Articles: 5
Pictures are a vast portion of the content on the Internet. A quick image search from Google can offer hundreds of thousands of results. These images are stored as a specific size but don't necessarily translate well to a preview size. This is where the use of thumbnails originated. Thumbnails allow for a smaller version of an image to be exhibited without diminishing quality. While this may seem an easy task, merely reducing the size of an image will not create a thumbnail. Reducing the size of an image will lead to loss of resolution so the image may seem blurry or an entire part of the image may be lost. Either way, the resulting quality of the image will be sub-standard and unsuitable to really display an image.
One technique of creating thumbnails requires using photo editing software. The first step is to create a copy of the image and then open it within the editing software. Then, apply a filter to the image, such as a blur filter. This enables the image to be clear after it is resized. Then, crop the image to only feature the desired portions of the image. The image then must be resized to be the appropriate size of a thumbnail. Lastly, apply a sharpening filter to the image to make it clear. The image can now be stored and used as a thumbnail.
Fortunately, an easier and faster method does exist. An easy search for â€˜Create Thumbnails from Multiple Images' at www.hothotsoftware.com will bring up a fantastic program for mass thumbnail creation. This program permits many thumbnails to be developed from numerous image files with only a few mouse clicks. Upon opening the program, you will see that the entire program operates within a single window, easing any worries of getting lost or confused within the program. The top area of the window is a field that shows any image files that you wish to change to thumbnails. Directly below this field is a button tagged â€˜Add File(s)' which enables images to be included in the program. There is also the ability for the software to search for files within a specified folder. The bottom left area of the window provides information about the format of the thumbnails being produced. There are two variables that may be altered, one involves the quality of the thumbnail and the other adjusts the size of the thumbnail. Below this is an option to append a different file extension to the output thumbnail. Lastly, the bottom right of the window has the command to start the process. After the program begins it will convert your images and display a note when the program is finished.
Computer Programming Articles1. Overview And Features Of Java
Author: Become a Java programmer by joining Advanced Java
2. Pridesys It Ltd | Best Erp Software In Bangladesh | Garments Software Bangladesh
Author: A S M Rahat Khan
3. It Organizations Are Choosing H2s Training? Why
Author: Hrithvik Pankaj
4. Top 10 Php Tips For Web Developers
5. Finding The Right Mobile App Development Company For Your Business
Author: Shawn Bennet
6. Everything You Need To Understand To Start With Angularjs
Author: Ascent Softwae
7. How Is A Mobile App Development Team Set Up?
Author: Amit Tiwari
8. 10 Mistakes What Android Developers Do
9. How To Troubleshoot Microsoft “click-2-run Configuration Failure” Error?
Author: Ellie Williams
10. 10 Killer Tools For Web Designing Coding
11. Which Is A Pforessional Manufacturer Of Fine Chemical
12. Difference Between Mongodb And Couchbase
13. Effecting Better Response Through E-mail
Author: Uma Maheshwari
14. Explain In Detail About Java Virtual Machine
15. Android O: Looming Features To Look For In This Updated Android Version
Author: SAkina ArShad