ALL >> Health >> View Article
Esomeprazole Is A Specific Inhibitor Of The Gastric Enzyme
Total Articles: 28
Nexium (Esomeprazole) magnesium (a substituted benzimidazole), reduces gastric acid secretion through a highly targeted mechanism of action. It is a specific inhibitor of the gastric enzyme H+, K+-ATPase (the proton pump) which is responsible for acid secretion by the parietal cells of the stomach.
Mechanism of action:
Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that suppresses gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of H+/K+-ATPase in the gastric parietal cell. By acting specifically on the proton pump, esomeprazole blocks the final step in acid production, thus reducing gastric acidity. This effect is dose-related up to a daily dose of 20 to 40 mg and leads to inhibition of gastric acid secretion.
Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate tablets are indicated for treatment of circumstances where a reduction of gastric acid secretion is essential such as: reflux esophagitis, maintenance treatment of patients with reflux esophagitis, symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (i.e. heartburn and regurgitation), and H. pylori eradication.
• dizziness, confusion;
• fast or uneven heart rate;
• jerking muscle movements;
• jittery feeling;
• muscle cramps, muscle weakness or limp feeling;
• cough or choking feeling; or
• Seizure (convulsions).
• It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation or to substituted benzimidazoles
• Symptomatic response to therapy does not rule out the presence of gastric malignancy
• Atrophic gastritis has occasionally been noted with long-term therapy with omeprazole
• PPI therapy may be associated with increased risk of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea
• Avoid concomitant use of this product with clopidogrel, due to a reduction in plasma concentrations of the active metabolite of clopidogrel. When using this drug consider alternative anti-platelet therapy
• Long-term and multiple daily dose proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy may be associated with an increased risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist, or spine
• Hypomagnesemia has been reported rarely with prolonged treatment with PPI therapy and may require discontinuing PPI therapy
• Concomitant use of this product and St. John’s wort or rifampin can substantially decrease NEXIUM concentrations. Avoid concomitant use
Esomeprazole may increase the risk for bone fractures, especially with longer use, higher doses, and in older adults. To prevent bone loss/fracture, by taking such as calcium (such as calcium citrate) and vitamin D supplements.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed.
• For GERD, 20 or 40 mg of esomeprazole is given once daily for 4-8 weeks. In children ages 1-11, the dose is 10 or 20 mg daily.
• For the treatment of H. pylori, 40 mg is administered once daily in combination with amoxicillin and clarithromycin for 10 days.
Hi everyone, this is Jack Alexander from USA. I am completed P.HD in pharmacy. I do lots of work in pharmacy but now I am working in pillssupplier.com. I also write blog on all health related product like Kamagra, PrestiQ, paxil, calcium, zyven etc. For more please visit : http://pillssupplier.com/
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab