ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Manhattan Hotel Welcome Out Of Town Parade Goers In The New York City St. Patrick's Parade Which
Total Articles: 24
New York City doesn’t like to take 2nd place in anything if they can help it, so the fact that they have a St. Patrick’s Day Parade that is both the largest and the oldest in the country doesn’t come as a huge surprise. The Manhattan Hotel and other NY Hotels will welcome thousands of people who come from out of town to enjoy the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The Manhattan Hotel’s Travel Blog includes information about NYC Events, Attractions, Dining and more. View the New York City Travel Blog (http://www.manhattanhoteltimessquareblog.com)
New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade
When: March 15, 2014 at 11 a.m.
Where: 5th Avenue and 44th Street New York, NY 10173
The very first New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade took place in 1761, and was quite popular from the start. Today, this parade is one of the top Things to do in New York for St. Patrick’s Day, and it is enjoyed by both locals and visitors.
More than 650,000 spectators line the streets to watch as 150,000 participants including marching bands, police units and many others, make their way down the parade route. The parade starts at 11 a.m., but people start lining up well before that in order to claim a prime viewing spot.
The sidewalk near St. Patrick’s Cathedral tends to be one of the most popular spots as does the area near the grandstands between 62nd and 64th Streets. The seats in the grandstand are for ticket holders only, but the sidewalk around the grandstand is a good place to watch as the participants perform for the judges.
A number of authentic pubs are located near the parade route, so many parade goers stop in for a pint either before or after the parade.
About The Manhattan Hotel – An NY Hotel:
One of the best features of The Manhattan Hotel - A New York Hotel is the incomparable location – literally in the center of everywhere you want to be when you visit New York. The Manhattan Hotel is a Times Square Hotel located just 2 blocks to Rockefeller Center, 4 blocks to The Museum of Modern Art and 8 blocks to Central Park.
Our spacious 659 well-appointed, non-smoking Guest Rooms and Suites are available on 22 floors and offer everything a Business Traveler or Leisure Guest may require for a memorable visit to New York.
Visiting NYC? Choose The Manhattan Hotel – An NY Hotel Check Rates - Make Reservations or call toll free: 800-610-5386.
The Manhattan Hotel Travel Blog - Get information about NYC activities, NYC Event and NY Hotels and plan your trip. For more information please visit: - http://www.manhattanhoteltimessquareblog.com
Travel Articles1. Island Peak Climbing – A Great Test Of Your Stamina Before The Real Trekking Adventure
2. Annapurna Circuit Trek – A Brief Overview
3. Cycling Tours Tour De France - 4 Reasons To Consider Self-guided Tours
Author: David Luther
4. Why Choose Cybercity, Gurgaon As Your Next Conference Location?
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. How To Select The Best Trekking Company In Nepal To Explore Trekking Activities
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
6. Trek And Hike Packages Offered By A Good Trekking Company In Nepal
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
7. Group Dating On Valentine’s Day With Service From A Cheap Party Buses
Author: David WILSON
8. Amp Up Your Valentine’s Day Party From Dc To San Antonio Via Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
9. Reliving Memories And Good Times
Author: Toms John
10. Buy The Led Countdown Timers To Get Maximum Benefits
Author: Joolbin Duan
11. Mesmerizing And Illuminating Tour Of Peru
Author: Ricardo Davis
12. Seoul City Tour – Travel To Korea And Have Makgeolli!
Author: Tommy Na
13. Trekking And Hiking In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. Don’t Take That On Your Next Trip
15. Tips On Speeding Through Security Checkpoints