ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Furniture CleaningBy Expert Author: Mrcd Cleaning
Keeping your furniture clean will not only keep it looking fresh, but it will improve upkeep of the material which will make it last longer. Having a house full of furniture may make this task seem one that is daunting, but it doesn't have to be a stressful. There are some steps that you can follow to improve the upkeep of your furniture and help you to clean your furniture effectively.
To start this process you are going to want to take a dusting brush and gently remove any dust or dirt that is visible on the furniture. If there are removable cushions do them separately. Next you are going to vacuum the furniture using a brush attachment. After that you want to mix one part laundry detergent and one part water in a large bowl; once that is done it is important to test the soap mixture on a conspicuous spot to make sure it’s working well. If that doesn’t satisfy your need you may want to look at professional furniture cleaning. Some of the tougher stains and spots will require equipment that we do not have at home.
The biggest reason you would want to hire professional furniture cleaner is certainly because there are stains on your furniture you aren’t able to remove on your own. Most furniture is upholstered with specific fabrics that don’t hold up to normal cleaning methods. There are special chemicals used to clean this type of fabric and they aren’t the kind found in the home. Professional upholstery cleaners have expertise in using these chemicals and are certified to do so. Not only that, furniture has unique shapes and these professionals have the tools need to get up I the nooks and crannies and clean your furniture correctly.
Dry cleaning your furniture is the safest method if you don’t feel like you would do a great job cleaning it yourself. Professionals have specially designed machines that complete the job the way it supposed to be done. This method of cleaning ensures that shrinkage and color bleeding won’t be a problem. This does not mean that dry cleaning is the safest alternative when it comes to furniture cleaning. You must make sure you have the proper knowledge of fiber care. A professional can help you to evaluate that and give you alternatives if need be.
To keep your furniture clean and looking great at all times, vacuuming the furniture is important, especially on the cushions. Vacuuming the furniture regularly will help to make the fabric last as well as extend the time it takes until professional cleaning is needed again. Keep furniture out of direct rays of sunlight to help prevent fading damage from sunlight. Also never brush fabric with a stiff fiber or steel brush; this kind of treatment can cause runs in the fabric and potentially ruin it.
If your cushions are reversible you can reverse them each week when you vacuum the cushions to lessen the wear on the fabric. Every step you take to take care of your furniture is a great way to elongate its life and keep the furniture looking it’s best.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald