ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Jmeter Testing-create The Test Plan For Executing
Total Articles: 8
Jmeter can be used for load testing of various Java based websites and web application. You just need to follow some basic steps and you will be done. However, you first need to create a test plan for Jmeter Testing.
You need to use following elements to create a test plan:
HTTP Request Defaults
There are some added elements for making the advanced test plans. With every Jmeter test plan you need to first define how many users you need to simulate, how often they should send the request, how many HTTP request they will be sending. Set the Ramp up time, loop count and forever options. Suppose you select 5 users and 5 Ramp up time. This means that the difference between the start up user and the following user will be 5/5=1 seconds. If you choose 6 seconds as Ramp up time then you will have this time set to 6/5 seconds. Through Look count, you specify, number of times you need to run the test. Through forever, you specify if you need to run the test forever.
You now need to add default HTTP request properties. This is important to define the default value to your HTTP request. Set the web server server’s name to jmeter.apache.org and you can also make changes in name field. Otherwise leave name field with default value. You need to go to add->Config Elements->HTTP Request Default Value. Now if you want you can add cookie that will be used in the HTTP Request. For that, go to Add->Config Elements->Cookie Manager and follow the basics.
Now you need to add the HTTP Request and add the details related to it. Add the page that you want to open and then add the path. Add two HTTP request like this but you can add any number of HTTP request with details according to your requirements.
Finally, you need to add the listener. However, before that you need to add login credentials. Almost all websites allow access to various services only after providing login details. You need to add an HTTP Request for this and set the Method as POST. Add the login user name and password. This HTTP Request will be processed first.
Now add the listener for showing and storing your test results. You need to follow add->config element->Listener. Now you need to browse the file where you want the result to be stored. Browse that location and set that as the storing element. Now your test plan is ready. You need to now execute the test plan for Jmeter Testing. Make sure that you mention all above facts in correct manner.
Sometimes your web application might be using the URL rewriting instead of cookies. In that case, you can mention the URL rewriter. HTTP URL Rewriting Modifier needs to be mentioned as well as the session name. Once, you are done with an advanced test plan. You can also make use of the header manager if you need. Once you complete all this, then you need to run the test for Jmeter Testing.
Computer Programming Articles1. Dotnet Training In Chennai
2. App Store Optimization Services | How To Increase App Downloads
Author: Richelle Guo
3. Customized E-commerce Portal
Author: cs infotech
4. In Java , How Can We Inherit The Constructor
5. Magento Ecommerce: The Perfect Fit For Your B2b Ecommerce Website
Author: Jonathan Paul
6. Put Things In Proper Perceptions With Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
7. In Java How To Control The Members With In The Class To Access Outside
8. Oops Concept Beginning And Important Steps Of Java Developers
9. 2 Most Important Factors To Take Care Of For An Impactful Web Design
10. Career Options For Java Learners To Make Bright Career
11. Servlet To Develop The Web Application Dynamically
12. Jvm Plays An Important Role In Execution Of Java Program
13. Techno - Software Maintenance Company
Author: Mr Paul James
14. Multithreading To Perform Multiple Task Simultaneously
15. 8 Tips For Your Ecommerce Mobile App Development
Author: Raju Katari