ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Pros And Cons Of Social NetworkingBy Expert Author: jessicagilbert
Social Networking involves the categorizing of persons into a group. It is a concept that can be applied to various places like schools, colleges, offices, etc. However, as a concept it is more popular on the Internet.It is because the Internet connects millions of people all over the world, who want to meet and share ideas and interests with like-minded people.People can meet other online users with common lifestyles, hobbies, politics, and so on, using Social Networking websites.
For gaining access to other users, a user has to first become a member of a Social Networking website. After which, a user can start socializing with other members having the same way of thinking. There are many pros and cons connected with using Social websites.
Some of the pros associated with Social Networking are:
• It allows a user to meet and make friends with a number of other users. A user has the option to choose people with same likes and dislikes to make friends with.
• Another pro is that Social Networking allows users from all over the world to contact each other. Thus, helping them to learn about each others culture and language.
• It can also help a person searching for old friends or colleagues easily, as it has worldwide connectivity.
• It provides a fast and easy way to connect with people.
• It enables people to locate good jobs easily.
• It allows a user to interact with their friends at anytime of the day as long as they are online.
• It also allows a user to chat with their friends. Thus, permitting real-time information sharing.
• Another pro of using Social Networking is that it allows businesses and organizations to advertize their services, products or ideas for free.
• It helps one to have a know how of the world by making available the latest news items. In fact, it has transformed the speed of news, as the news is updated and spread very fast.
Just as there are some pros associated with Popular Media Networking, similarly there are some cons too. The following are the cons associated with Social Networking:
• One major con of using Social Networking is the risk of online predators posing as someone else.
• Social Networking can expose a user to stalking or unsuitable contact from others. Children and youngsters are more prone to this. Further, it can also expose them to indecent content.
• People using Social Networking are prone to more data theft and viruses. In some instances, there are chances of thieves using important personal information to steal a person’s identity.
• Some people consider Social Networking as a waste of time. They feel that the time spent in Social Networking can be used for constructive purposes.
• Another major con of using Social Networking is that it helps major companies to invade your privacy by selling your confidential data to them.
However, the benefits overrule the disadvantages of using Social Networking. The dangers in using Social Networking are similar to any in our day to day life.A little bit of caution can make Social Networking a pleasant experience.
Jessica is online marketing professional writes article online business related topics like mobile marketing firm , marketing contusing firm if you know more you should consult our advisers.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Web Hosting
2. What Is The Significance Of Using Keyword In Seo?
Author: Micheal Shawn
3. Things You Should Do While Using Social Media For Business
4. Simple Tips From Digital Marketing Services In Dallas To Increase Traffic
Author: Denny Clovis
5. How Seo Techniques Are Used &how It Is Works By Search Engine Optimization (seo)
6. Proxy Servers And Their Uses
Author: Edmund Brunetti
7. Benefits Of Social Logins For Your Ecommerce Website
8. Freelance Work Online | Add Any Project
Author: pushpa sowgandham
9. How To Select Digital Media Agency And Ensure Your Success?
Author: Karanveer Rawat
10. 7 Things To Know Before Outsourcing Creative Work To Any Web Design Company
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. How Affiliate Tracking Application Helps Affiliate Marketers
Author: Arnab Dutta
12. Strategizing With Digital Marketing
Author: Vimalesh Vijayan
13. Tips To Earn The Needed Degrees In Different Prospective Fields Of Study
Author: Rocky Sheldon
14. Google Adwords Service Provider - Market Your Business With Google Adwords
15. Why You Need A Digital Marketing Consultant
Author: Dilate Digital tells why you need digitalmarketing