ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Role Of Environmental Education To Promote Sustainability
Total Articles: 185
The future of the India and the rest of the world are dependent to a certain extent on the principles of sustainable living. A sustainable society promotes equality in the use of natural resources between the present and future generations. When India completely undertakes the sustainable pattern of living, the society will benefit on a social, economic and ecological rank. Though there are 3 important types of sustainability patterns in the society; environmental sustainability is the most important of them all.
Environmental sustainability, also known as ecological sustainability is the most important sustainability program. The main aim of environmental sustainability is to take decisions and actions that focus on protecting the ecological system. This assures the conservation of natural resources with an aim to support the next generations. Here are some of the important ways to focus on environmental stability
• Reducing pollution of the atmosphere and water bodies
• Reducing the use of non renewable natural resources
• Prevent deforestation
• Avoid over-fishing and excess grazing
• Producing less waste and promoting recycling and reusing of commodities
• Control damage caused to agricultural land due to unsustainable farming
Promoting a Sustainable Module of Living
The best way to promote any cause in India is through education;
sustainability is not an exception to the same. Environmental education is the best way to develop skills, right attitude and instill knowledge about environmental awareness. It can help the Indian population make the right decisions that benefit the overall ecological system. The right knowledge can be inculcated at a very young age among students which will help them take able decisions regarding the management of natural resources.
There are different ways in which the sustainability program can be promoted at school level. Organized efforts can be made right from the primary level in Indian schools about the functioning of the environment and resource management. It would empower students in various problem solving initiatives in regards with the ecosystem. The deeper their understanding of the subject, the better skills they will have to make the right decision when they become adult citizens in the society.
Here is a brief look at some of the important components of environmental education
• To create a general awareness and responsiveness about the environmental challenges faced by India and the rest of the world
• Profound knowledge of the subject, to identify right from wrong
• A general outlook towards improving or preserving the environment
• Imparting the right skills to identify environmental challenges and then developing the ability to resolve those challenges
• Participation and Volunteering in activities through projects that help in finding the resolution to environmental challenges
In this type of education, different issues related to the ecosystem, sustainability and preserving the environment are advocated. It helps students resolve the environmental challenges through critical thinking and improves their overall decision making skills. This enables the Indian education system to create leaders of tomorrow, who will play a major role in taking critical decisions about sustainability.
Education Articles1. 5 Reasons To Take Online Pmp Certification Training
Author: Shakir Ali
2. Understanding Your Teenager During The High School Years
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi/ncr
Author: vartika maurya
4. Understand The Value Of Aws Professional Level Certification
5. Prominence Of Hadoop Course Training
6. Play School Franchise From Wow Kids Provides An Opportunity To Run The School Meeting International
7. How Is Your Child’s P.q Positivity Quotient?
Author: Amites Kumar Gaurav
8. Online Quran Recitation & Reading
9. Sap Training | Sap Online Courses By Professionals From Learn It Training
Author: Venkat Reddy
10. China : The New Buzzword Among Overseas Education Consultants In India
Author: choice overseas
11. Pros Of Joining Prestigious Neet Coaching In Bhopal
Author: Pankaj Kumar
12. Selenium Web Driver Features
Author: Siyaram Ray
13. Join The Online Quran Program
14. 5 Citation Tips From Research Paper Helpers Of Uk
Author: Elijah Simpson is an academic writer
15. Why Mbbs Admission In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth?
Author: Rakesh Shinde