ALL >> Education >> View Article
The Role Of Environmental Education To Promote Sustainability
Total Articles: 185
The future of the India and the rest of the world are dependent to a certain extent on the principles of sustainable living. A sustainable society promotes equality in the use of natural resources between the present and future generations. When India completely undertakes the sustainable pattern of living, the society will benefit on a social, economic and ecological rank. Though there are 3 important types of sustainability patterns in the society; environmental sustainability is the most important of them all.
Environmental sustainability, also known as ecological sustainability is the most important sustainability program. The main aim of environmental sustainability is to take decisions and actions that focus on protecting the ecological system. This assures the conservation of natural resources with an aim to support the next generations. Here are some of the important ways to focus on environmental stability
• Reducing pollution of the atmosphere and water bodies
• Reducing the use of non renewable natural resources
• Prevent deforestation
• Avoid over-fishing and excess grazing
• Producing less waste and promoting recycling and reusing of commodities
• Control damage caused to agricultural land due to unsustainable farming
Promoting a Sustainable Module of Living
The best way to promote any cause in India is through education;
sustainability is not an exception to the same. Environmental education is the best way to develop skills, right attitude and instill knowledge about environmental awareness. It can help the Indian population make the right decisions that benefit the overall ecological system. The right knowledge can be inculcated at a very young age among students which will help them take able decisions regarding the management of natural resources.
There are different ways in which the sustainability program can be promoted at school level. Organized efforts can be made right from the primary level in Indian schools about the functioning of the environment and resource management. It would empower students in various problem solving initiatives in regards with the ecosystem. The deeper their understanding of the subject, the better skills they will have to make the right decision when they become adult citizens in the society.
Here is a brief look at some of the important components of environmental education
• To create a general awareness and responsiveness about the environmental challenges faced by India and the rest of the world
• Profound knowledge of the subject, to identify right from wrong
• A general outlook towards improving or preserving the environment
• Imparting the right skills to identify environmental challenges and then developing the ability to resolve those challenges
• Participation and Volunteering in activities through projects that help in finding the resolution to environmental challenges
In this type of education, different issues related to the ecosystem, sustainability and preserving the environment are advocated. It helps students resolve the environmental challenges through critical thinking and improves their overall decision making skills. This enables the Indian education system to create leaders of tomorrow, who will play a major role in taking critical decisions about sustainability.
Education Articles1. Industrial Safety Online Course
Author: Somiya khatun
2. Intensive Chinese Language Program Shanghai – Become The Master Of The Language
Author: Michel Kern
3. How Primavera Training Program Is Beneficial For Your Career Growth?
4. How Is The Future Of Ios Developer In Today's Technology?
5. Ibm Mdm Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
6. The Online Oracle Interview Questions Help In Your Interview Preparation
7. 10 Most Common Mistakes Every Beginner Java Programmer Makes
8. How Is Ms Ramaiah Institute Of Technology In Terms Of Placements, Ranking, Fees And Admissions?
9. Top Ways To Know How Digital Marketing Grow Your Business Online
Author: Vishal Varma
10. Best Techniques And Tactics For Sales And Marketing Coach
Author: Sanjay Burman
11. Sales And Marketing Strategy By Synture Group For Small Businesses
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni
12. Best Education Channels In India – Enriching The Students Future
Author: Nitesh Sharma
13. Problems With Programs And The Law Of Attraction
Author: Shannon Panzo
14. Enrol Into An Ielts Coaching Class To Derive Meritorious Results In English
Author: Jackson Snowball
15. Get Familiarize With The Key Benefits Of Cbap Training Program