ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Increase The Life Of Your Car
Total Articles: 2
We all are experiencing a rise in the cost of living. It is important to reserve and maintain our prize possessions without having to deplete our bank accounts. For instance, no one wants to worry about their car breaking down. Therefore, we should find out ways to keep our vehicles in operation as long as possible.
When you purchase a vehicle, whether it be new or used, be sure to review the manual or handbook and become familiar with how to keep up on the maintenance.
Some important tips are to avoid starting a cold engine. You must run the vehicle a good length of time to reduce the condensation out of the system. You do not want to rust a hole through the muffler. Also, you want to avoid having your car sit in the garage or driveway for weeks at a time. Of course, it is good to get out and walk sometime, i.e., to the grocery store, library, or local restaurant, however, you should drive your car or truck at least once a week, and be cautious how you drive to avoid sudden braking and abrupt acceleration.
Always check the fluid in your automobile. How much antifreeze is there, oil, transmission fluid, etc. This should be done every time you purchase gas or at least once a month.
The oil should be change regularly, about 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Your mileage will be improved and this will protect your engine. The air filter should be changed regularly as well, because a dirty filter can hinder your gas mileage.
Other features of the car that should be checked and maintained are the brakes. Checking the brake pads and rotating the tires are very important for the car and especially for your own safety.
Washing your car often helps preserve the exterior. Cleaning and vacuuming the inside will keep the seats and fabric looking fresh and vibrant, providing a greater resale value of the car.
Be in tune with your car. If you notice strange smells or sounds, don't hesitate to contact a mechanic. Correcting this problem as soon as possible can result in your car lasting longer and your repair bill being lower. It is likely that the longer you wait the more money you pay in repairs.
It is also a good idea to have someone else drive your car. Sometimes if you are so used to hearing or seeing something, you might think it is normal, thus, another person driving your car could recognize that it is not normal.
Times are hard today, but it is advisable to buy parts that are of good quality. Purchasing cheap parts to save money, will eventually cause you to spend more money.
Shop at several repair shops or dealership for bargains. Get recommendations from friends or family about who they have done business with, to get reliable people working on your vehicle. Searching the internet helps provides good information. You can get information about the company and their reputation, as well as read customers' reviews.
So remember to read the car manual, do routine check-ups, keep the car clean, check the oil, fluid, brakes, and drive the car regularly. These are just a few of many suggestions to follow in order to keep your vehicle running longer. We want our cars to be maintained so they will run longer and outlive their life expectancy.
You need time, patience and money to be able to increase the life of your car.
Looking for a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM near Hartford, CT? Stop into Bolles Motors and we will get you into the car of your dreams! If you are searching for car dealers using the keywords Chrysler dealer Tolland or Dodge dealer Tolland, come visit Bolles Motors showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd