ALL >> Environment >> View Article
The Role Of Csr Activities To Promote Sustainable Living
Total Articles: 185
It is a known fact that companies that follow a sustainable pattern of production have an edge over their competitors. Unfortunately there are a lot of companies in India that do not follow the sustainability module. These companies need to re-evaluate their business plan and bring drastic changes in their technology and work ethics. Industries and corporate sector that follow the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in their work module are definitely more successful than the others.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)?
Corporate Social Responsibility in businesses means to follow the law and moral procedures in the society, along with following the international green technology standard. A few businesses in the Indian Corporate structure follow the CSR principle. Along with these companies there are many businesses and IT companies in India that perform outside the basic norm of CSR. These companies work for the society and engage in social service activities that are not obligatory as per the Indian law. These activities don’t necessarily lead to financial profits or successes for the company. These are called the CSR activities that are favorable for social welfare and for preserving environmental sustainability.
Goals of Corporate Responsibility in India
The CSR concept is created to measure the company’s contribution towards the overall social progress of the country. The CSR structure works towards achieving the following common goals in India
• Companies should use and manufacture resources that are safe for the environment and have a sustainable life cycle.
• Companies should work towards promoting equality, respect and human rights
• Companies should work towards protecting and restoring ecological balance
• Companies should provide value to their customers and not engage in any fraudulent marketing techniques
• Companies should perform and run on grounds of transparency, ethics and accountability
These are the basic principles of CSR activities, which most companies in the Indian Corporate Sector follow and thrive to work on. A sustainable pattern of business is the biggest ---- of the CSR structure; this includes ecological sustainability, economic sustainability and social welfare.
When the concept of CSR was initially introduced, the major focus was towards philanthropy and charity drives. It started on the same principles in India also; however, with changing times, the focus is now on creating a sustainable society. There is a realization that environmental sustainability is the need of the hour and the mainstream growth in business too is focused by undertaking Green Initiatives.
Function of Environmental Sustainability in CSR
Making the society independent for its energy source without depleting the non renewable energy resources is also extremely important. Companies in India that practice the CSR norms focus on the Green technology model, which has helped in preserving the ecosystem. Another important feature of the Green tech model is to neutralize of the Greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted by industries and vehicles. By following the green initiatives, companies promote and practice the use of renewable and clean energy sources to maintain sustainability balance.
Environment Articles1. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
2. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
3. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
5. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center
6. Solar Products Manufacturers In India
Author: Solar E tribe
7. The Future Of Solar Energy In The India What To Expect
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
8. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
9. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
10. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
11. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
12. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET
13. Indoor Air Quality Maintenance – Important Factors To Know
Author: Mark Simon
14. Pest Control In Glasgow By Pest Control Expert Yaser Rashid
Author: Yaser Rashid
15. Radon Mitigation Ottawa – Improving Air Quality To Improve The Atmosphere
Author: Mark Simon