ALL >> Environment >> View Article
The Role Of Csr Activities To Promote Sustainable Living
Total Articles: 185
It is a known fact that companies that follow a sustainable pattern of production have an edge over their competitors. Unfortunately there are a lot of companies in India that do not follow the sustainability module. These companies need to re-evaluate their business plan and bring drastic changes in their technology and work ethics. Industries and corporate sector that follow the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in their work module are definitely more successful than the others.
What is Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)?
Corporate Social Responsibility in businesses means to follow the law and moral procedures in the society, along with following the international green technology standard. A few businesses in the Indian Corporate structure follow the CSR principle. Along with these companies there are many businesses and IT companies in India that perform outside the basic norm of CSR. These companies work for the society and engage in social service activities that are not obligatory as per the Indian law. These activities don’t necessarily lead to financial profits or successes for the company. These are called the CSR activities that are favorable for social welfare and for preserving environmental sustainability.
Goals of Corporate Responsibility in India
The CSR concept is created to measure the company’s contribution towards the overall social progress of the country. The CSR structure works towards achieving the following common goals in India
• Companies should use and manufacture resources that are safe for the environment and have a sustainable life cycle.
• Companies should work towards promoting equality, respect and human rights
• Companies should work towards protecting and restoring ecological balance
• Companies should provide value to their customers and not engage in any fraudulent marketing techniques
• Companies should perform and run on grounds of transparency, ethics and accountability
These are the basic principles of CSR activities, which most companies in the Indian Corporate Sector follow and thrive to work on. A sustainable pattern of business is the biggest ---- of the CSR structure; this includes ecological sustainability, economic sustainability and social welfare.
When the concept of CSR was initially introduced, the major focus was towards philanthropy and charity drives. It started on the same principles in India also; however, with changing times, the focus is now on creating a sustainable society. There is a realization that environmental sustainability is the need of the hour and the mainstream growth in business too is focused by undertaking Green Initiatives.
Function of Environmental Sustainability in CSR
Making the society independent for its energy source without depleting the non renewable energy resources is also extremely important. Companies in India that practice the CSR norms focus on the Green technology model, which has helped in preserving the ecosystem. Another important feature of the Green tech model is to neutralize of the Greenhouse gases (GHG) emitted by industries and vehicles. By following the green initiatives, companies promote and practice the use of renewable and clean energy sources to maintain sustainability balance.
Environment Articles1. Epa Works To Protect All Of America
Author: Cathy Allen
2. Replace Harmful Plastic Bags With These Ecological Bags
Author: Anam Khan
3. Bana Envirotech | Baner, Pune
Author: Bana Envirotech
4. Least Pollution Count Paves The Home For The Finest Living In Greater Noida's The Hemisphere
Author: The Hemisphere
5. Project Natureconnect Produces New Earth Day Organic Process: Effectively Hammer Out Danger
6. Extraordinary Uses Of Talc Powder In Different Industry
Author: abhinandan karwa
7. Fox Fodder Farm: The Place To Fulfill Your Thirst
Author: parveen kumar
8. What Is The Need Of Constructor Chaining In Java
9. Which Factors Determine Your Solar Pool Heating Budget?
Author: Melissa McDonald
10. Methods For Tree Stump Removal
Author: Kevin Smith
11. Can India Attain Malaria-free Status By 2030?
Author: Hiren Panchal
12. Water Treatment And Reuse
Author: Ring Hot Water
13. "using Plastic Is Harmful To The Environment- Be Ecological"
Author: Guru Chavan
14. Australia's Most Successful Alternative To Sewerage: South Australia's Septic Tank Effluent Disposal
Author: Ring Hot Water
15. Sewage Floods Undermine Sydney Shorelines, Claims Opposition
Author: Ring Hot Water