ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Relation Between Sustainable Healthcare And Sustainable Living
Total Articles: 185
Healthcare in India has generally been neglected, especially in the rural areas. Things have changed over time in the Indian Healthcare system, due to reasons like rising income levels and boost in the economic situation. But this scenario only portrays the picture of urban India, which consist of metros and the Tier I and Tier II cities. Unfortunately the healthcare situation in the rural areas has not improved by much since a long time. The Government has undertaken different healthcare projects, still basic healthcare is not available to a large portion of the population.
The Problems Faced by Healthcare System in India
India is home to world class doctors, state of the art hospitals and also has access to the best in medical technology. People from around the world visit India for its world-class healthcare facilities. But the sad reality is despite everything that is on offer in India, basic healthcare is not accessible to a majority of the population. Here are some of the basic problems faced by the Indian Healthcare system.
• Social causes like illiteracy and blind faith have a negative impact on medical services in India. Some section of the rural population is not open to medical treatments despite various healthcare projects introduced by the government
• The biggest challenge for healthcare system in India is providing affordable yet high quality healthcare options for the 1.2 billion people in the country. The ever increasing population is making it difficult to provide equal healthcare opportunities for everyone. India has the one of lowest ratios for doctors as opposed to the population (as low as 0.6 doctors per 1000 people).
• High cost of healthcare services is a big drawback, especially for the rural population. A large percentage of the population don’t visit clinics due to the high cost involved
• Health insurance is not a common expense in most Indian households. An alarming 70% of the population is not insured for healthcare, so people have to shell large amounts of money from their own pocket.
Sustainability in Healthcare
Sustainable healthcare is the next big thing in the Indian healthcare industry. It is largely promoted by the Indian corporate structure through their welfare initiatives. There is a direct link between healthcare and ecology, because rising environmental pressure has a negative impact on the health of humans. Many diseases are caused due to the pollution in air and water, which can be curbed if the environmental sustainability is maintained. In simple words, the health of the human race is connected to the health of Mother Earth.
If a sustainable pattern of living is adapted in India, it will have a positive effect on the health of the population too. Along with environmental sustainability, even economic sustainability plays an important role in healthcare projects. In a sustainable economy, there will be enough job opportunities and income avenues for the population. This will tackle the financial demons that are responsible for people not getting access to quality healthcare. Based on the economic and environmental sustainability factor, sustainable healthcare in India is the next big thing in the sustainable pattern of living.
Environment Articles1. Tips To Save Money While Working With Junk Removal Service
Author: Dave Kocemba
2. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
3. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor
5. Complete Weddings + Events Hyderabad Best Photography, Dj, Video And Photo - Crazy Events
6. Why Now Is The Best Time To Go Solar?
Author: Ryan Armstrong
7. Different Types Of Ventilation Systems
Author: Paul Adam
8. Recording Studios In Hyderabad - Music Recording Studio - Multai
9. Simple Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lawn In The Summer Season
Author: Nelson Smitty
10. Summer Flowers And Wine Pairing
Author: Anuj Tyagi
11. Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
12. 3 Things To Consider When Installing Tier 1 Solar Panels
Author: Jecob Thompson
13. How Are Vacuum Pumps In Lethbridge Used
Author: Jacob James
14. The Best Wildlife Control Services In Morris County
15. Does Environment & 3d Printing Goes Hand In Hand
Author: 3D Spectra Technologies LLP