ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Promoting Sustainable Environment In India
Total Articles: 185
India has a population of 1.2 billion people and it is increasing at an alarming rate. The reason the rate of population increase is alarming because India doesn’t have the resources to provide for the increasing population. Most of the natural resources are fast depleting and people are using up the resources that are meant for the use of the future generations too. There is strong need in the country to manage the non renewable natural resources, so that they can be maintained for the use of the present and future generations equally. This preservation of natural resources is called as environmental sustainability.
Importance of Sustainability
Natural resources are energy sources that are found in the environment. Some of them are renewable, while others are non renewable resources. Once the non renewable resources are used up by the current population, there won’t be anything left for our future generations. If the sustainable pattern of living is followed in India, then a lot can be done towards preserving the non renewable natural resources. This gives the future generation a fair chance to use the resources made available in nature.
A sustainable environment is the need of the hour. Thankfully the cause is being promoted in India by the government, NGO’s and the corporate sector. Maintaining an ecological balance and using more renewable natural resources is the best answer to achieve it. Here are some simple practices that can help us maintain it.
• Control the use of non renewable energy sources like natural gas.
• Adapt to renewable natural sources like solar energy.
• Switch from cars that run on petrol and diesel to electric or hybrid cars
• Promote rain water harvesting
• Use bio-degradable and recyclable materials to improve waste management.
• Reuse objects to improve their efficiency, like use newspapers to make paper bags that can be used as opposed to plastic bags.
• Avoid using plastic as it is a non degradable resource.
• Reducing pollution
• Avoid over-cultivation and excessive fishing.
Steps to Ensure India Follows a Sustainable Lifestyle
The Indian Government has been working with NGO’s and has a major support from the corporate sector to promote environmental sustainability. The corporate sector plays a major role making this possible. To promote ecological sustainability in India, the corporate sector is making a difference by
• Investing billions of rupees in R&D for newer and renewable energy sources.
• Creating and using energy efficient sources of technology for production. These renewable energy sources like solar energy, wind energy etc reduce carbon emissions in the atmosphere.
• Adapting green technology that helps reduce the environmental damage caused due to industrialization
• Conducting charity drives that promote a sustainable environment
These are some of basic initiatives that are undertaken and promoted by the Indian corporate sector. Since industrialization has a major effect on the eco-system, these initiatives taken by the corporate and industrial sector help a long way in maintaining a sustainable ecosystem.
Environment Articles1. External And Internal Structure Of Earth
Author: Arun Mohan
2. When You Should Use A Soaker Hose
Author: Jacob James
3. Why Are Investors Turning Significantly Towards Solar Energy?
Author: Zena Winn
4. Tips To Save Money While Working With Junk Removal Service
Author: Dave Kocemba
5. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
6. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor
8. Complete Weddings + Events Hyderabad Best Photography, Dj, Video And Photo - Crazy Events
9. Why Now Is The Best Time To Go Solar?
Author: Ryan Armstrong
10. Different Types Of Ventilation Systems
Author: Paul Adam
11. Recording Studios In Hyderabad - Music Recording Studio - Multai
12. Simple Ways To Maintain A Healthy Lawn In The Summer Season
Author: Nelson Smitty
13. Summer Flowers And Wine Pairing
Author: Anuj Tyagi
14. Activated Alumina Fluoride Removal.
15. 3 Things To Consider When Installing Tier 1 Solar Panels
Author: Jecob Thompson