ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Promoting Sustainable Environment In India
Total Articles: 185
India has a population of 1.2 billion people and it is increasing at an alarming rate. The reason the rate of population increase is alarming because India doesn’t have the resources to provide for the increasing population. Most of the natural resources are fast depleting and people are using up the resources that are meant for the use of the future generations too. There is strong need in the country to manage the non renewable natural resources, so that they can be maintained for the use of the present and future generations equally. This preservation of natural resources is called as environmental sustainability.
Importance of Sustainability
Natural resources are energy sources that are found in the environment. Some of them are renewable, while others are non renewable resources. Once the non renewable resources are used up by the current population, there won’t be anything left for our future generations. If the sustainable pattern of living is followed in India, then a lot can be done towards preserving the non renewable natural resources. This gives the future generation a fair chance to use the resources made available in nature.
A sustainable environment is the need of the hour. Thankfully the cause is being promoted in India by the government, NGO’s and the corporate sector. Maintaining an ecological balance and using more renewable natural resources is the best answer to achieve it. Here are some simple practices that can help us maintain it.
• Control the use of non renewable energy sources like natural gas.
• Adapt to renewable natural sources like solar energy.
• Switch from cars that run on petrol and diesel to electric or hybrid cars
• Promote rain water harvesting
• Use bio-degradable and recyclable materials to improve waste management.
• Reuse objects to improve their efficiency, like use newspapers to make paper bags that can be used as opposed to plastic bags.
• Avoid using plastic as it is a non degradable resource.
• Reducing pollution
• Avoid over-cultivation and excessive fishing.
Steps to Ensure India Follows a Sustainable Lifestyle
The Indian Government has been working with NGO’s and has a major support from the corporate sector to promote environmental sustainability. The corporate sector plays a major role making this possible. To promote ecological sustainability in India, the corporate sector is making a difference by
• Investing billions of rupees in R&D for newer and renewable energy sources.
• Creating and using energy efficient sources of technology for production. These renewable energy sources like solar energy, wind energy etc reduce carbon emissions in the atmosphere.
• Adapting green technology that helps reduce the environmental damage caused due to industrialization
• Conducting charity drives that promote a sustainable environment
These are some of basic initiatives that are undertaken and promoted by the Indian corporate sector. Since industrialization has a major effect on the eco-system, these initiatives taken by the corporate and industrial sector help a long way in maintaining a sustainable ecosystem.
Environment Articles1. How Solar Energy Works And How You Could Take Advantage From It?
Author: Solar Etribe
2. Battle Of The Solar Manufacturers
3. An Intro To The Solar Hot Water Heater
Author: Ross Barkely
4. Say Hello To The Highly-efficient Solar On Grid Systems
Author: Solar on Grid Systems
5. Epa To Consider Controlling Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
Author: Environmental Resource Center
6. Solar Products Manufacturers In India
Author: Solar E tribe
7. The Future Of Solar Energy In The India What To Expect
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
8. Solar Installation Training In India. How To Become One?
Author: SOLAR eTRIBE
9. Looking For Solar Leads? Find A Lead
10. How To Choose The Right Solar Energy Leads
Author: Solar e tribe
11. How Can India Become Globally Competitive In Solar Module Manufacturing
12. FundaciÓn Bioplanet - Lucha Por El Cambio ClimÁtico
Author: FUNDACIÓN BIOPLANET
13. Indoor Air Quality Maintenance – Important Factors To Know
Author: Mark Simon
14. Pest Control In Glasgow By Pest Control Expert Yaser Rashid
Author: Yaser Rashid
15. Radon Mitigation Ottawa – Improving Air Quality To Improve The Atmosphere
Author: Mark Simon