ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
How To Create A Wedding Budget
Total Articles: 2
Congratulations – you’re engaged! It’s an exciting time and nothing can kill that “just engaged” buzz more than talking about the wedding budget. That being said, it is an essential first step in your wedding planning process. So throw back that glass of champagne and let’s talk money.
A quarter of Canadian couples spend between $30,000 and $75,000 on their wedding, while the average cost for a Canadian wedding has been holding steadyat around $25,000 to $30,000(and even higher in the Metro Vancouver area).
Traditionally the bride’s family paid for the entire wedding but in most areas this is no longer the norm. Most weddings these days are paid by a combination of the couple and contributions from their families.
Start with chatting to your fiancé – determine that you are both on the same page in terms of the style and type of wedding you want to have. Then discuss what type of budget you have to work with – how much money are you comfortable spending?
You might be able to ask your families for support. If you are comfortable approaching your families for support this is great (even better if they say yes)!
Now that you have your budget number make Excel your friend. Make or find a budget worksheet online such as this wedding budget worksheet. Plug in your total budget to see where your money will go. It is just a guide, so add or subtract based on the type of wedding you are planning.
Next,discuss what is most important to you both on your wedding day – is it the lasting memories created by a fabulous wedding photographer or are you foodies with plans for a 10-course meal for your family and friends? Shift your spending to fund your priorities, shave a few percentages off your florist budget and move it over to attire so you can walk down the aisle in the Jimmy Choo heels of your dreams.
Once you have set your budget – stick to it! You don’t want to start your lives off with a mountain of wedding-related debt.
Now the fun starts begin looking for vendors in your price ranges. As you book make sure you keep track of deposits and due dates in your excel wedding budget planner. Make sure you are recording EVERYTHING – that includes stamps for your invites and save the dates, your wedding day undergarments etc. Check-in with your fiancé and wedding coordinator every couple weeks to ensure you are still on track for your budget.
There are numerous ways to get the wedding you want in the budget you have – get started with Google and Pinterest, ask other former brides in your area and invest in a vancouver wedding planner or day-of wedding coordinator to ensure your day will run smooth from start to finish.
One final tip (only if you are good about paying off your credit card off each month) - pay for things with a credit card that offers travel miles – hello honeymoon flights!
David Ethan is a proud contributing author and writes articles on several subjects including Vancouver Wedding Planner.
Wedding Articles1. Find Best Wedding Videographers For Your Wedding Call @ +91-9899263434
Author: kunna khanna
2. Wedding Photography: Why It’s Important And How To Hire Wedding Photographer
Author: Marek Kuzlik
3. Things To Consider While Looking For A Resort In Swan Valley
Author: Carly Odgers
4. Mandap Hire – Careful Considerations For All Occasions
5. Trained And Experienced Corporate Event Planner In Bhubaneswar For Help
Author: Prakash Kumar
6. Best Wedding Planners In Jaipur, Event Management Company In Jaipur.
7. Las Vegas Wedding Receptions- Is Getting Married In Las Vegas Brassy
Author: Elizabeth Martin
8. Most Preferred Indian Wedding Quotes Online On The Wedding Invitations
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
9. Love And Relationship
10. Step Up Towards Marriage Bureau In India And Find Your Better Half
Author: Kunal bhandari
11. All You Need To Choose And Style A Wedding Suit For Summer
Author: Matt Perro
12. Business Event Management: Hire A Professional To Get Success
Author: Mr. Rajib Banerjee
13. Fresh Colour Combinations For Your Vineyard Wedding!
Author: Carly Odgers
14. Embrace The Artistry Of Wedding Photographers Surpassing The Expectations
15. 5 Tips Of Wedding Mandap Decoration From The Best Flower Decorators
Author: Syed Atif