ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Difference In A Society By Adopting Green Technology
Total Articles: 185
India is one of the leading countries to be part of various technological revolutions and development. The next level of technology in a developing sustainable society like India is Green Technology, or greentech as it is commonly known. The basic principle of greentech is to apply environmental science to generate newer energy resources, in a bid to replace the fast depleting natural resources in India. Along with generation of newer energy sources, it also focuses on conserving the environment and natural resources. In the corporate structure greentech implies the invention of machines that helps promote sustainability.
Application of Greentech in Everyday Life
Greentech may be a term that is used mainly in context of the corporate structure but in reality greentech initiatives can be used in different parts of the society. Here are some of the principles of Green technology that can be used in the industrial sector as well as in everyday life
• Recycling – It is the best way to convert waste in to a completely new product, thereby limiting the consumption of fresh raw materials to manufacture new ones.
• Air Purification – This is the simplest thing that every individual can do. Keep green potted plants in the house or wherever possible in your surroundings. The plants take in the carbon dioxide from the air and convert it into oxygen in your surroundings.
• Rain water harvesting, water purification or recycling for everyday consumption
• Using Renewable Energy Resources – Limit the use of non renewable energy resources and opt for renewable energy resources like solar energy, wind energy, wood etc for fuel.
• Energy Conservation – Using devices that consume less electricity, like CFL lights. A lot of fossil fuels are burned to produce electricity, so using energy conservation devices will help prevent the natural fuels from exhausting.
• Waste Management – The process of reusing, purification and treatment of waste products can help in managing solid waste. Recycling food waste into biogas can prevent solid waste and also produce a renewable energy source.
These are some of the common principles of greentech that can be adapted easily within the society, which will make a solid impact on a sustainable society. Another great way of saving energy is adapting the sustainable building method, also known as Green Building technology. This implies an environmentally responsible architectural structure right from the time it is built till its demolishing.
Green Building Technology in a Sustainable Society
The main aim of constructing Green buildings in the Indian society is reduce the negative impact of construction on the environment. Here is a quick look at the principle objective of a green building in a sustainable society
• Efficiency in the use of energy sources, using wind energy , solar power etc as a source of energy
• Using non toxic resources that do not have a negative impact on the human health.
• Preventing environmental degradation
• Waste Management and Recycling
• Rain Water Harvesting
• Green building materials like bamboo, straw, recyclable metal etc.
This aspect of green buildings makes it an apt choice for construction in a sustainable society. In a society like India, if the government promotes the principles of greentech and green buildings then the damage caused to the environment will be minimal. Such a society in itself will be a live example of social and environmental sustainability.
Environment Articles1. Summer Solstice : The Scientific Influence Of The Longest Day Of The Year
2. Healthy Environment For Self-confidence
3. Restop To Discuss Successful Innovations To Manage Human Waste At Sustainable Summits Conference
4. Essential Oil Uses That Helps To Cure Cold Relief
Author: vrinda organics
5. Use Peddle Bins For A Cleaner Environment
Author: Chetan Rathod
6. Restop To Present On Environmentally-friendly Outdoor Sanitation At Overland Expo West
7. Effects Of Harmonics In Power System:
Author: Omprakash M
8. Some Important Steps Taken By The Industries To Manage The Electronic Waste
Author: Pankaj Kumar
9. Brief Relief To Showcase Personal Lavatory Systems At Windpower Expo 2018
10. External And Internal Structure Of Earth
Author: Arun Mohan
11. When You Should Use A Soaker Hose
Author: Jacob James
12. Why Are Investors Turning Significantly Towards Solar Energy?
Author: Zena Winn
13. Tips To Save Money While Working With Junk Removal Service
Author: Dave Kocemba
14. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
15. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor