ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Are The Effects Of Alcoholism On A Marriage?
Total Articles: 20
Do you remember the ancient Roman chariots (horse carts having space for1-2 persons, used in racing) like those seen in “Gladiator”? Imagine what will happen if such a cart is in a race, carrying a child, suddenly one wheel slows down and turns to the other side while the other wheel is spinning at full speed? Off course an accident will happen. The race will be lost, and the child will get hurt.
Now suppose that the “horse-cart” is Marriage, one wheel is the spouse A (the addicted), and the other wheel is spouse B (the non-addicted). The “child” being carried is their child (or children). The “accident” is Separation or Divorce, and the child is “hurt” emotionally. This is THE EFFECT OF ALCOHOLISM ON A MARRIAGE. If someone in your family is abusing alcohol, Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs may be the only answer.
Alcoholism not only affects the person physically and mentally but also affects the people close to him/her. Let's skip the details of why, how or when does a person becomes addicted to alcohol intake because everyone has a different reason. Once assured that the spouse is alcoholic, it is still very difficult to talk him/her into having a proper complete treatment in any addiction rehab center. While the sober spouse, on the other hand, goes through severe mental, emotional and social pressure that either he/she prefers to step out of the relationship or if due to any reason decides to stay then he /she has to bear a great deal of responsibility. acts as if this won’t happen ever again. Most alcoholics of this type do act and behave well for some time but as time passes by they gradually return to the old track and blame other people or situations for their failure to keep on the right path. For such people alcohol consumption seems like fun at first but gradually they become tired of it. Perhaps, day by day the graph of good behavior decreases. Slowly their abilities to take responsibilities decrease. This causes the amount of issues to increase in a marriage. The alcoholic person, if fired due to this reason puts the whole family in financial trouble, as well. They may lose their insurance coverage and their opportunity to use their health insurance benefits to attend Alcohol Rehab Centers that would have been covered by health insurance.
Luckily there is a new wave of awareness in our society due to which the people addicted to alcohol intake are encouraged to get treated. If an alcoholic agrees to go to an alcohol rehab centers to take part in their treatment program, he/she needs constant moral support from all the friends, co-workers, family members and especially their spouse. The Addiction Rehab Center that provides accommodation is the best to relieve all of them from their worries. The addicted spouse can get treated with dignity and the other spouse can take care of children without the extra burden.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel