ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
2014 Chevy Silverado Beats The Rest
Total Articles: 1
After a week-long testing evaluation, Four Wheeler Magazine named the completely redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Silverado its 2014 Truck of the Year.
The evaluation starts at Off Road Evolution in Fullerton, California, and finishes in the deserts of Southern California. The evaluation features diverse terrain and specialized challenges to uncover each truck's strength and weaknesses. According to Four Wheeler, the wheeling portion of the evaluation is the most important. The evaluation breakdown is the following: 30% trail performance, 25% empirical (Includes price, payload, fuel efficiency and ground clearance), 20% on pavement, 15% interior and 10% exterior. No modifications are done to the vehicles, and the trucks are tested exactly how the manufacturer offers them.
Testing is limited to new or revised model years; manufacturers must have a two-speed transfer case, and a production of at least 1,500 vehicles – available in the U.S., plus be on sale by January 15, 2014.
Although, Chevrolet went against some tough competition, including Dodge Ram 2500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab and the Toyota Tundra SR5, it was the smooth handling, interior size, and starting power that edged the Chevrolet Silverado above its competitors. Other eligible vehicles included the Ford F-150, Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, Dodge Ram Power Wagon, Dodge Ram 3500 and GMC 1500.
Four Wheeler Magazine got the keys to a 355 horsepower, 5.3 liter-powered half-ton crew cab that had a LTZ trim level and Z71 off-road package. The newly redesigned Silverado offered many new features including a completely redesigned exterior with inlaid doors, integrated spoiler in the tailgate, and dual power-dome hood. Under the hood there's no shortage of power here with a trio of all-new EcoTec engines, a V6, and two V8s.
“We are honored that the new Chevy Silverado has been named Four Wheeler’s2014 Pickup Truck of the Year,” said Chief Engineer Jeff Luke.“Four Wheeler really puts pickups to the test, on road and off, and the results showcase the capability and refinement that our team built into the new Silverado.”
Four Wheeler admits 2014 was one of the closest when it came to Pickup Truck of the year scores, also saying the fit and finish of the Silverado is top notch. Along with its great handling, power and control not often found in pickup trucks, the Silverado edged out the other two competitors by just a smidge. For more information on the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, visit your local Chevy dealer.
Ray Dennison Chevrolet is in Peoria, IL is proud to be an automotive leader in our area. We offer new Chevy cars, trucks and SUV's, as well as a wide selection of used vehicles. If you are searching for Chevrolet dealers using the keywords Chevrolet dealer in Peoria IL or Peoria IL Chevrolet dealer, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson