ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
2014 Chevy Silverado Beats The Rest
Total Articles: 1
After a week-long testing evaluation, Four Wheeler Magazine named the completely redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Silverado its 2014 Truck of the Year.
The evaluation starts at Off Road Evolution in Fullerton, California, and finishes in the deserts of Southern California. The evaluation features diverse terrain and specialized challenges to uncover each truck's strength and weaknesses. According to Four Wheeler, the wheeling portion of the evaluation is the most important. The evaluation breakdown is the following: 30% trail performance, 25% empirical (Includes price, payload, fuel efficiency and ground clearance), 20% on pavement, 15% interior and 10% exterior. No modifications are done to the vehicles, and the trucks are tested exactly how the manufacturer offers them.
Testing is limited to new or revised model years; manufacturers must have a two-speed transfer case, and a production of at least 1,500 vehicles – available in the U.S., plus be on sale by January 15, 2014.
Although, Chevrolet went against some tough competition, including Dodge Ram 2500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab and the Toyota Tundra SR5, it was the smooth handling, interior size, and starting power that edged the Chevrolet Silverado above its competitors. Other eligible vehicles included the Ford F-150, Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, Dodge Ram Power Wagon, Dodge Ram 3500 and GMC 1500.
Four Wheeler Magazine got the keys to a 355 horsepower, 5.3 liter-powered half-ton crew cab that had a LTZ trim level and Z71 off-road package. The newly redesigned Silverado offered many new features including a completely redesigned exterior with inlaid doors, integrated spoiler in the tailgate, and dual power-dome hood. Under the hood there's no shortage of power here with a trio of all-new EcoTec engines, a V6, and two V8s.
“We are honored that the new Chevy Silverado has been named Four Wheeler’s2014 Pickup Truck of the Year,” said Chief Engineer Jeff Luke.“Four Wheeler really puts pickups to the test, on road and off, and the results showcase the capability and refinement that our team built into the new Silverado.”
Four Wheeler admits 2014 was one of the closest when it came to Pickup Truck of the year scores, also saying the fit and finish of the Silverado is top notch. Along with its great handling, power and control not often found in pickup trucks, the Silverado edged out the other two competitors by just a smidge. For more information on the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, visit your local Chevy dealer.
Ray Dennison Chevrolet is in Peoria, IL is proud to be an automotive leader in our area. We offer new Chevy cars, trucks and SUV's, as well as a wide selection of used vehicles. If you are searching for Chevrolet dealers using the keywords Chevrolet dealer in Peoria IL or Peoria IL Chevrolet dealer, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook