ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dental Implants Surgeons Explain Six Ways Oral Hygiene Can Help You Lead A Healthier Life, Part 2
Total Articles: 37
Welcome to the second installment of our four-part article series on the many benefits of good oral hygiene! Some benefits such as clean, beautiful teeth are quite logical, but others, including a lower risk of cardiovascular disease – as was explained in Part 1 – are rather unexpected! “The health of your mouth shares a complicated relationship with the health of the rest of your body,” explains our panel of dental implants surgeons in Rutherford. “While we may not understand the exact nature of this relationship, what’s important to realize is that there is one and that not looking after your teeth can have dire consequences for your health and even the amount of time you have on this Earth.”
In Part 1, these dentists in New Jersey explained how poor oral hygiene might lead to a greater risk cardiovascular disease, blood vessel blockages and stroke. Now, let’s take a look at some of the other benefits of regular and thorough brushing and flossing…
2. The Benefits of Good Lifelong Oral Hygiene: A Healthy Self-Esteem!
Your smile is one of your most important physical assets and a most powerful tool for communication. So, it’s not really surprising that a smile devastated by gum disease and decay can really have a terrible impact upon your self-esteem and confidence, not only around friends, family and new acquaintances, but also in the professional working environment.
Imagine trying to strike a new deal with a potential client or getting to know someone romantically and not being able to smile openly? The impacts of an unsightly smile and the various problems that come with tooth decay and gum disease – namely, very bad breath – can put more than just a damper on your social and professional life. It can put an end to anyone’s interest in you altogether.
“Many of the patients we treat haven’t smiled openly for several years,” say dental implants surgeons in Rutherford. “Often, their biggest desire is just to be able to smile without straining to hide their teeth behind their lips. No parent or grandparent wants to leave behind a legacy of awkward family photos.”
A healthy mouth isn’t only far more attractive; it also spares New Jersey residents from the discomfort and embarrassment of having decayed, painful teeth and infected gums. It enables you to eat and sleep better, which are essential for whole body health.
3. The Benefits of Good Lifelong Oral Hygiene: Helps Preserve Memory
According to a recent scientific study in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, adults with gum disease did worse on cognitive and memory tests than those with healthier mouths. Those who had chronic gum infections seemed to perform badly on mathematical subtraction and verbal recall: two important everyday skills.
“Maintaining a good standard of oral hygiene prevents your mouth from becoming a veritable breeding ground for the kind of bacteria that can really make you sick,” says a dentist in New Jersey. “This includes the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, which are believed to share a connection with gum disease.”
Stay Tuned for Part 3…
To read the remaining three ways that good oral hygiene can promote better lifelong general health, in addition to preventing Rutherford residents from needing dental implants of course; stay tuned for the third installment of this four-part article series.
Gina Butler is a professional online writer who works with a New Jersey Dentist for long. In this article she continues to talk about oral hygiene and healthier life.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men