ALL >> Health >> View Article
Total Articles: 4
Preventing Bacterial Growth with Metals
Recent research has found a new, less-toxic way to protect gums and teeth from bacterial infections: titanium-based metals. These metals, seen as less invasive and less toxic to the human body, are currently being studied in the hopes of being incorporated into topical treatments like mouthwash and toothpaste. Researchers have shown a correlation between titanium-based items and a decrease in oral bacterial growth.
While human trials are currently underway, most dental and oral specialists still agree on one thing: prevention is KEY. That being said, here are a few of the preventative steps one should take to fight oral bacterial growth or infection before and after any dental procedure:
Limit sugar. Sugar, as well as simple carbohydrates, begin their break down in the mouth thanks to amylase and other enzymes. The problem with sugar is that it promotes an acidic environment in the mouth by lowering its overall pH, contributing to the degradation of both the teeth and gums. It also attracts bacteria, most of which thrive in an acidic, sugary environment.
Professional cleanings. Getting a deep, professional cleaning on a regular basis can be a powerful preventative measure against bacterial infections. Although brushing, flossing, rinsing, and limiting sugar intake can provide a powerful benefit, sometimes they aren't throughly utilized or engaged. A professional cleaning of the mouth can often enhance the benefits currently experienced through a daily oral-care regimen.
Brush. This step should already be engrained within one's mind, which is the reason why it is presented last. Nevertheless, one cannot succeed in preventing infections or oral bacterial growth in the mouth unless they are brushing their teeth every day. The use of a soft-bristled mechanical toothbrush combined with fluoride toothpaste should provide the most benefit for the majority of users. Always consult the advice of a dentist for specific brushing recommendations, as each individual may require an individualized approach to brushing based on his or her dental history.
To find more information, please call our Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, TX Periodontal Specialists at Implants & Gumcare. Our specialists look forward to seeing you to help restore a Lifetime of Healthy Smiles! Visit our website by clicking here or check out our blogs for more information on this, and other related topics.
Health Articles1. The Aging Member And “manopause”: What Every Man Needs To Know
Author: John Dugan
2. Specialization In Sports By Youth & Orthopaedic Risks | Best Sports Medicine Doctor In Bangalore
3. How To Know The Most Important Thing To Look For When Choosing An Orthodontist?
Author: Morry Weiss
4. Order Ambien 10mg Online Cod For Sleep Disorder
Author: Ambien Online
5. Use An Android App For Online Doctors And Get Treated At Home!
Author: Abigail Kane
6. 5 Fun Learning Activities For Your Child With Autism | Centre For Autism In Bangalore
7. What Is Online Diazepam Generic (valium 10 Mg, 5 Mg) Cheap Prices?
Author: What is online Diazepam generic (Valium 10 mg, 5
8. Best Dental Clinic In Ranchi, Orthodontists In Ranchi - Dr. Narnoly's Dental Clinic
Author: narnoly dental
9. Everything That You Should Know About Dental Implant Surgery
Author: Dental Implantologist
10. Advantages Of A Pediatrician Over A Family Doctor
Author: Dexter Brown
11. Three Ways To Reduce Back Pain
Author: Leslie Trigg
12. What Is Sperm Freezing And What Is Its Importance?
Author: Rohini Devi
13. The Ultimate Guide - Drinking Protein Powder!
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
14. A Self-pleasuring Club: What To Expect
Author: John Dugan
15. True Motivation To Lose Weight