ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Manage Interns
Total Articles: 43
However, since they are still learning and unfamiliar with most of the work required in a particular job, they need to be monitored and managed closely to make them become beneficial to the company. Interns are not like regular employees, who, apart from their years of work experience, may have taken project management courses that make them better workers.
If you are in a quandary as to how you can better manage your company's interns, here are some tips that may prove beneficial to you.
Let Them Fit In
It is important that interns feel like they belong in the workplace. As most interns are young and impressionable, they naturally need a sense of belongingness in order for them to enjoy what they are doing. This will also make them comfortable and less intimidated by working with much more experienced people. So remember to make interns feel like they are part of the team. You can start by including them in activities and events that your company holds.
As much as possible, you should allow the interns to act as regular employees. You can let them attend group meetings and allow them to participate in the discussions. Let your interns pitch ideas, be part of company celebrations, and voice their own concerns.
Appreciate Their Work
Most of the time, interns are given grunt work. They are often the errand boys and girls who do menial tasks for other members of the team. As this can be dispiriting, find the time to appreciate your interns' work. Praise them for the little successes they achieve. Do not forget to value their contribution in the workplace as well. You can show appreciation by having a sincere talk with your interns. Tell them that despite their menial workload, they are doing something good for the company.
Make the Internship Worthwhile
While it is commonplace for interns to receive simple duties, it is also possible for them to do more challenging tasks. If you really want your interns to be efficient and grateful, you must give them something worthwhile. Once in a while, you can let them assist in bigger responsibilities. If it's possible, you can let them take on these responsibilities by themselves.
The point is that you should provide these interns a significant experience that will impact their career. You should be able to inspire them into pursuing the path they have chosen. A worthwhile internship defeats even the best training courses that sites like www.hemsleyfraser.co.uk provide.
General Articles1. Sending Your Electronics To A Toronto Electronics Recycling Center
Author: Mohan Rawat
2. Scott Foil: Knowing Your Need For Owning The Best
Author: parveen kumar
3. What Can You Do To Balance An Industrial Oven?
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
4. The Perfect Destination For A Memorable Holiday In Bhimtal
Author: Amit Upretti
5. Top Reasons To Use A Pan Mixer At A Construction Site
Author: Kiran Khandelwal
6. Magnesium Oxide Is An Important Role
Author: hu Allen
7. Oh My Baby, I Rest You Daily With These Crazy Cool Furniture
Author: James Williams
8. All You Want To Learn About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Quick Laptop Screen Repair Sheffield – Lenovo Repairer
10. Exploring Varying Methods Of Chemical Separation
11. Find Private Investigator For Office
Author: kiven Sea
12. Godrej Washing Machine Service Center In Hyderabad
Author: Godrej Washing Machine
13. Hamilton Automatic Khaki X-wind Chronograph H77616533 Mens Watch| Hardy And Fashionable
Author: Jasson C
14. How To Hire The Right Basement Contractor In Toronto
Author: Noah Dube
15. Splendid Things To Do In Cusco Peru Tours
Author: Ricardo Davis