ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Manage Interns
Total Articles: 43
However, since they are still learning and unfamiliar with most of the work required in a particular job, they need to be monitored and managed closely to make them become beneficial to the company. Interns are not like regular employees, who, apart from their years of work experience, may have taken project management courses that make them better workers.
If you are in a quandary as to how you can better manage your company's interns, here are some tips that may prove beneficial to you.
Let Them Fit In
It is important that interns feel like they belong in the workplace. As most interns are young and impressionable, they naturally need a sense of belongingness in order for them to enjoy what they are doing. This will also make them comfortable and less intimidated by working with much more experienced people. So remember to make interns feel like they are part of the team. You can start by including them in activities and events that your company holds.
As much as possible, you should allow the interns to act as regular employees. You can let them attend group meetings and allow them to participate in the discussions. Let your interns pitch ideas, be part of company celebrations, and voice their own concerns.
Appreciate Their Work
Most of the time, interns are given grunt work. They are often the errand boys and girls who do menial tasks for other members of the team. As this can be dispiriting, find the time to appreciate your interns' work. Praise them for the little successes they achieve. Do not forget to value their contribution in the workplace as well. You can show appreciation by having a sincere talk with your interns. Tell them that despite their menial workload, they are doing something good for the company.
Make the Internship Worthwhile
While it is commonplace for interns to receive simple duties, it is also possible for them to do more challenging tasks. If you really want your interns to be efficient and grateful, you must give them something worthwhile. Once in a while, you can let them assist in bigger responsibilities. If it's possible, you can let them take on these responsibilities by themselves.
The point is that you should provide these interns a significant experience that will impact their career. You should be able to inspire them into pursuing the path they have chosen. A worthwhile internship defeats even the best training courses that sites like www.hemsleyfraser.co.uk provide.
General Articles1. Magnesium Oxide Industry Pay Attention To The Intelligent Development
Author: hu Allen
2. The Akg C 480 B U.s.a.in Practice
Author: AKG CK62 Omnidirect Capsule For C480B ULS
3. How To Find Best Contractor Payroll Management Solution In Australia
Author: Tristan T
4. Reasons Why Your Business Loan Is Denied - Logintoloans
5. Business Opportunities For Photographers
Author: Sagar Gore
6. Best Housekeeping Services In Pune - Om Sai Facility Services
Author: Om Sai Facility Services
7. Best Ways To Find An Excellent Rental Property Agent For Rental Properties In Bhopal
8. Foreclosure Property In Ahmedabad For Sale - Where To Start Your Search
9. Getting Proper Teeth Whitening From The Best Dental Services In Windsor
Author: Raphael Leo
10. Raviv Dozetas Comes Up With The Best Designs In The Construction Field
11. Preparation Tips For Droppers And Repeater Students To Crack Iit Jee Exam
Author: Abhijit Phalke
12. What Is E-commerce Insurance?
13. Kunsh Technologies - Affordable Offshore Software Development Company Based In India
Author: Darshan Shah
14. Gli Eleganti Abiti Neri Possono Avere Disegni Intricati
15. Magnesium Carbonate Quality Is Improving
Author: hu Allen