ALL >> Travel >> View Article
City Tour Of Alicante
Total Articles: 33
Many green zones, famous promenades and the beautiful marina... these are only a few characteristics of Alicante. Do you feel like learning more? Continue reading this article.
First we should start with the location of this city. Alicante is situated on the eastern coast of Spain and has a long coastline with many stunning beaches. Here, there are always lots of people taking a bath in the Mediterranean Sea and sunbathing. The truth is that, due to the climate, you can go to the beach during all the year. Winters are mild, summers are hot with little rainfall. This is another reason to come here and search villas in Alicante.
Sun, sea and sand are the principal reasons why many people visit Alicante. But don´t think that this is everything the city offers. It also depends on you how you will spend your holiday time. If you like city tours, for sure, you will be satisfied with the quantity of monuments. The most important building you shouldn't miss is the Castle of Santa Barbara which is situated on top of the Mount Benacantil at the height of 166 meters. There is the largest medieval fortresses in Spain, built in the 9th century by Muslims. When you get on the top of this hill, you will be amazed with an incredible view of the city and harbour. This can be your first stop with holiday rentals Alicante.
Do you want to rest in a green zone of Alicante? No problem. We suggest you to visit the oldest park of the city called Canalejas. It was designed in 1886 by González Altés and is a romantic area situated in the city center just next to the Marina. Its two entrances are guarded by stone sculptures of dogs and lions. Besides, gigantic and magnificent rubber plants make this place perfect to have a long stroll in a shade of the trees.
If you still expect more, you can have an excursion to the Tabarca Island. It is the only inhabited island of the Community of Valencia, situated in front of Alicante. A typical excursion takes one day because the island is very small. It is 1800 m long and 400 m wide. There are no cars, chain stores or skyscrapers. Besides, about 25% of the island is a small walled town with a beautiful church. The rest of this place is a protected wilderness. You must see it!
Last but not least, we can't forget about large sandy areas of Alicante. In the heart of the city, you will find the gorgeous Postiguet Beach with the width of 900 meters. There is an easy access and a palm-shaded promenade with many bars and restaurants where you can try typical gastronomy of this zone. It is lapped by calm water and every year gets the Blue Flag for cleanliness and high service quality.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family